|How to Apply to the Ambassadors for Cities Program|
Note: The 2007 application deadline for the Ambassadors for Cities program has passed. This information is provided for reference.
Applicants for the Ambassadors for Cities designation must submit an application. Preference will be given to those applicants that:
- Outline an existing or new ongoing collaboration between the local REALTOR® associations and city government (a one-time housing-related event with a mayor will likely not qualify).
- Detail the role of the mayor and city staff in achieving the goals of the program.
- Explain how their partnership has created more housing opportunities in their community.
- Create and conduct a program that is replicable by other REALTOR® associations and/or cities.
- Include a diverse collaboration of housing and community organizations commitment.
- Demonstrate a concrete plan to utilize NAR's financial contribution, and also commit to use local funding to support the program.
- Outline a plan to hold a public event in 2007 to receive the award from the USCM and NAR. (Note: Applications do not need to have chosen a date or planned an event for the award ceremony; we understand that you may not hold the event unless you receive the award. However, please include your thoughts on when and where the award ceremony would be.)
Awards and Recognition
A small review team consisting of REALTORS® and designees of the USCM will review the applications and pick 5 to 7 Ambassadors for Cities locations that have best met the criteria outlined below. These selected associations and cities will receive:
- A $5,000 grant to the REALTOR association, to be used towards the initiative
- Plaques recognizing their outstanding success, presented by NAR and USCM leadership
- Recognition, in both organizations' print and online publications and brochures
Past Award Winners
Learn more about events and designees from the past few years and read more about the goals of the Ambassadors for Cities program.
The 2007 application deadline has passed.
Housing Initiatives Representative