REALTOR® associations' job openings can be posted free of charge for four consecutive weeks. Job openings are updated twice weekly (every Monday and Wednesday). Please keep your job descriptions to 100 words or less. To place an ad, call Debra Jordan at 312-329-8304 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Government Affairs Director, Palm Desert, CA
- Government Affairs Director, Wichita, KS
- Marketing/Communications Specialist, Barrington, IL
- Chief Executive Officer, Pembroke, MA
Government Affairs Director
The California Desert Association of REALTORS® (CDAR), a great place to work in the year-round sunny Coachella Valley, is recruiting for a Government Affairs Director (GAD) to represent CDAR on all legislative and regulatory matters pertaining to the real estate industry, private property rights, and professional issues at the local level. This position is responsible for the overall advocacy and political agendas of the Association. The primary focus of the position is to execute a strategic directive to continue to ensure that CDAR, an Association representing over 3000 members and affiliates, is the preeminent voice for the Coachella Valley real estate industry.
The GAD develops and maintains relationships with legislative and executive branch policy makers on matters of Association and member interest. The GAD represents the Association before legislative bodies and governmental agencies.
The GAD oversees the Association’s political strategy including: understanding the overall political campaign landscape, effectively organizing volunteer resources and managing the Association’s involvement for maximum influence.
The position may also require extemporaneous response to media requests and identification of CDAR members to respond to media requests.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A Bachelor’s degree
• Experience with public speaking as well as excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience working on state legislative issues
• Advanced education in public policy or law
• Lobbying, professional society or trade association experience
• Ability to motivate and mobilize volunteers
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a dignified and professional manner
• Ability to work effectively in a team-based work environment
Ideally, this would be an independent contractor position. For consideration, submissions of interest must contain a resume and cover letter with salary and compensation history.
California Desert Association of Realtors
44-475 Monterey Avenue
Palm Desert, CA 92260
Or, email to: email@example.com
Deadline: May 16, 2014
Government Affairs Director
The Wichita Area Association of REALTORS® (WAAR) is seeking a seasoned government affairs professional to lead the association’s legislative and public policy efforts.
Located in downtown Wichita, KS, with a growing membership of more than 1,500 members representing home ownership and protecting private property rights, WAAR serves the real estate industry by advocating its interests in the legislative and regulatory arenas and fostering industry development and growth through networking, educational, research and statistical programs.
Under the supervision of WAAR’s CEO, the Governmental Affairs Director will lead the association’s local legislative and regulatory advocacy efforts, develop public policy objectives and manage the political action committee and governmental affairs committee.
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience in government affairs with local trade associations;
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical plans for achieving public policy objectives, with real estate industry issue familiarity a plus;
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with association members, state association, congressional offices and government officials; and
• Experience in political action committee fundraising and management.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Health, dental and life insurance provided.
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. (No Phone Calls Please)
We need your help to spread the word!
North Shore-Barrington Association of REALTORS® seeks a Marketing/Communications Specialist to promote its programs and services to its 3,000+ members, the community and consumers.
Your stellar writing skills and marketing talents are needed to:
- Develop promotional materials for our education sessions, events , Affiliate Programs and technical services via e-mail blasts, direct mail and social media
- Research real estate-related information regarding the North Shore Area and author articles to keep our members and consumers informed and identify trends
- Build relationships with local media in efforts to encourage collaboration on real estate issues
- Author talking points on key issues for our CEO, President, President-Elect and other leaders
- Assist with revamping our website to engage our members and consumers
- Develop custom messages/information for member specialties/segments
- Attend our events and promote via social media. (Evening and some weekend work required)
You will also have the opportunity to assist the Association in developing a brand and collateral materials to enhance our efforts as being “The Voice for Real Estate”.
2-5 years proven marketing/communication experience required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Health and life insurance provided. Submit resume, salary requirements and writing samples to email@example.com no later than April 30, 2014.
Plymouth & South Shore Association of REALTORS®, Inc., Pembroke, MA
Our CEO is retiring! The Plymouth & South Shore Association of REALTORS® is seeking a new CEO to lead its Association of 2,000+ members. In partnership with our Committees and Leadership, the successful candidate will enhance our programs relevant to our members’ needs. Our ideal candidate will have proven ability to drive non-dues revenue, experience in building and maintaining strong internal and external relationships, and be tech savvy to take our Association to the next level.
Minimum 5 years management experience required. Association management is a plus. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. CEO will interact with the media when the President is unavailable. Financial management skills and staff management experience required to continue our Association’s strong foundation established by our current CEO. Travel to National and State meetings required.
Health insurance, retirement plan and relocation offered. Send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 30, 2014.