REALTOR® associations' job openings can be posted free of charge for four consecutive weeks. Job openings are updated twice weekly (every Monday and Wednesday). Please keep your job descriptions to 100 words or less. To place an ad, call Debra Jordan at 312-329-8304 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communications Director - Salem, OR
Oregon Association of REALTORS®
Are you a high achieving Communications Director with deep experience in the real estate industry or another professional trade association? Do you geek out over new communications tools? Do you thrive in a self-led environment where you can concept and grow a program that you then implement and refine as needed? Would you like to help drive engagement and build upon an established program with your expertise in new media, video, and technology while still being grounded in the fundamentals of a solid communications skill set? We are looking for the right candidate to join our Senior Staff team and help lead the organization in fulfilling our mission.
Read the full job description
Communication/Event Specialist - Fort Worth, TX
Greater Fort Worth Association of REALTORS®
The Greater Fort Worth Association of REALTORS® has an open position for a Communication/Event Specialist. Fort Worth, Texas is one of America’s fastest growing cities, and GFWAR will celebrate its 100th birthday in 2018. The association has a long tradition of local, state and national involvement, and seeks an employee with the following qualifications:
- Must write well and be a team player
- Proficient in Photoshop and InDesign
- Proficient in Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Willingness to learn new software and take on new duties as needed
- Ability to work before and after normal office hours on occasion
- Ability to create collateral/marketing materials, electronic communications, internal/external media relations, event planning/registration and committed collaboration with staff and membership
Compensation commensurate with experience. Individuals interested in this challenging position in an enviable work environment may forward resume to Debbie Findley (email@example.com, 817-336-5165).
CEO - Evansville, IN
Southwest Indiana Association of REALTORS®
We are seeking a CEO to take our Association and for-profit subsidiary to the next level. Our ideal candidate will work closely with the Board of Directors and Committees to develop and implement our Strategic Plan and annual budget. The perfect candidate will have proven success in pioneering new ventures, member programs and services which meet our members’ specific, professional needs. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to develop and promote our value proposition to attract new members and retain our current members via various social media outlets and methods. Astute fiscal responsibility and staff management is also important to our success.
Minimum 3 years’ experience required in operating a for-profit entity and/or Association; industry-related Associations are preferred, not required. Overnight travel to regional, state and national meetings is required. A thorough background check will also be required of all top finalists. Submit your resume and salary requirements here.
Association Executive - Winchester, VA
Blue Ridge Association of REALTORS®
The Blue Ridge Association of REALTORS® (BRAR) is seeking qualified candidates for its Association Executive position. BRAR serves to advocate and enhance the professionalism, integrity, and competency of the membership, promote the REALTOR® Code of Ethics, and work to safeguard private property rights. BRAR services over 600 REALTOR® and Affiliate members.
The successful candidate must exhibit excellent leadership, customer service, and communication skills. We desire someone who is enthusiastic, organized, and confident. Experience in budget and financial management, meeting management, and member relations are necessary. Association management experience, REALTOR® organization experience, and knowledge of the real estate industry are preferred, but not required. BRAR is a small-staff association, and therefore candidates must be flexible, task-oriented, and show initiative.
BRAR is located in Virginia and serves the areas of Winchester City, Frederick County, Warren County, and Clarke County.
Visit www.aimanswers.com/BRAR for more information and to submit applications. Deadline for submissions is May 16, 2016.
MLS Director - Birmingham, AL
Greater Alabama MLS
REPORTS TO: CEO and GALMLS Vice President
SUMMARY: Recognized nationally as one of the most Innovative MLS’s in America, the Greater Alabama MLS (GALMLS) is looking for its next great MLS Director. GALMLS is the largest MLS in Alabama serving several thousand REALTORS® and licensees throughout Central Alabama. The new MLS Director will play a direct role in the growth and execution of our Strategic Plan. The MLS Director is responsible for the successful day to day operations of the MLS including technical issues, system operations, member training and customer service.
SYSTEM OPERATIONS & TECHNOLOGY
- Ensure the successful implementation and operation of a system that meets the ongoing needs of its users
- Assist in analysis of technology vendors, software and proposed future projects and systems
- Responsible for prioritization of system enhancements
- Supervise and ensure successful installation of new office equipment, trouble shooting of complex malfunctions, installation of new software releases, etc., for GALMLS
- Supervise and/or liaison with GALMLS vendors
- Supervise and assist with database conversions, design of forms and printed products
- Responsible for providing on-call personnel during non-business hours
- Supervise customer support
- Present products and services to the appropriate committee and/or staff for review
- Work with vendors and providers of desired products throughout the negotiation and implementation process
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
- In concert with CEO and MLS VP, assist in preparation of GALMLS budget
- Prepare cost estimates for new systems and proposed changes to existing systems
- Responsible for the databases and technology interfaces between GALMLS
- Attend NAR, and other industry meetings as approved by CEO, in order to keep up to date on the latest technology services available and to remain current on policies that affect GALMLS and users
- Attend state association (AAR) meetings, as necessary, to help shape the future of MLS in the region and states
- Remain knowledgeable about industry trends and how they impact the real estate business, the brokers, and agents
- Have a working knowledge of the association side of the business
- Participate in GALMLS Executive Committee and Board meetings with advice/answers
- Serve as liaison for various committees of both GALMLS
- Implement new programs and procedures as directed by the CEO or MLS VP
- Other duties as directed by CEO
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, MIS or 3-5 years’ MLS experience. Technology or business fields would be beneficial.
- Experience in technical use of computer based services. An area related to real estate would be a plus.
- Must be familiar with common real estate concepts, practices and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate technical issues to those who may not be as proficient in technology.
- General knowledge of REALTOR® Association practices, labor laws and best practices. 6. RCE/CAE desired, but not mandatory.
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Travel Insurance
- Vacation and Sick Leave
Equal Opportunity Employer. Relocation expenses may be considered.
Please, no calls.
Please click on the link below to submit resume and salary requirements.
Director of Communications and Digital Marketing - Birmingham, AL
Birmingham Association of REALTORS®
The Award Winning Birmingham Association of REALTORS® (BAR) is seeking its next Director of Communications & Digital Marketing. This position will coordinate and oversee all public relations and communications efforts on behalf of BAR and the Greater Alabama Multiple Listing Service (GALMLS). The Director of Communications will also serve as the Association’s conduit to the media, general public and to the membership using various relevant platforms of communication and outreach. BAR and GALMLS have a membership of more than 3,600 real estate professionals statewide. The Birmingham Association of REALTORS®’ leadership believes in supporting and furthering the careers of its staff who are passionate about serving our members and who desire an upward career in REALTOR®/MLS Association Management.
Prepare and implement an annual communications plan, meet goals, define and implement strategies.
Develop and maintain both electronic and print publications.
Maintain and continually upgrade and improve the BAR Website, GALMLS Public Facing Website and social media pages.
Keep abreast of real estate trends and information.
Prepare videos and presentation scripts, special reports, event reports/programs and proposals.
Field and/or respond to all media calls and inquiries.
Write and edit speeches, talking points and presentations for leadership.
Develop, promote and maintain the local REALTORS® brand.
Work with various employees and departments with their ongoing print and online marketing needs.
A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or other related subject or substantial proof of equivalent work history.
Experience in public relations, communications, media relations or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience working with diverse customer groups or committees.
A dedication to member relations, customer service and teamwork.
RCE/CAE desired, but not mandatory.
Health, Dental, Vision
Vacation and Sick Leave
Submit resume, salary requirements and writing samples.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Relocation expenses may be considered. A thorough background check will be conducted.
Please, no calls.
Serves as the Executive Officer for the Association. Develops, recommends, implements and manages comprehensive Association policies and programs. Provides recommendations to officers, the Board of Directors and committees on courses of action that would achieve the Association's purpose, goals and policies in these areas. Oversees the Association's administration, finance and operations. The EO is solely responsible for all aspects of staff management.
The following description of duties of the EO is not intended to be all-inclusive. Those functions, which may reasonably be assumed to be related to the following duties, are intended to be a part of this description, whether or not they are specifically listed.
Planning, Policy and Program Development
- Plan, research and recommend, and upon appropriate approval of the Board of Directors, implement and manage policies and programs which further the objectives of the Association.
- Interpret and administer Association policies, projects, programs and decisions of the Board of Directors to members and staff.
- Assist the membership in the development and implementation of the adopted Strategic Plans.
- Provide staff support and recommendations to the Finance Committee and assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Develop administration, financial and operational policies, which ensure an efficient and fiscally sound organization.
- Develop and promote Association activities to encourage membership enrollment and participation.
- Oversee staff in the development and implementation of all administrative, communications, business practice, educational, governmental, membership development and public affairs programs.
The EO is solely responsible for staff management of the Tacoma-Pierce County Association of REALTORS®. Many of the functions outlined in this job description may be assigned to appropriate staff for execution; however, the EO remains primarily responsible for overseeing and managing the performance of staff in the execution of those responsibilities.
- Recruit, hire, administer and manage staff in an effective, professional manner, which includes the development of position descriptions and performance standards, conducting performance evaluations, and the recommendation of staff benefits and a compensation system, utilizing the counsel and advice of the Board of Directors in accordance with adopted policies.
- Provides direct supervision to the Finance Manager, Membership Manager, Director of Government Affairs and the Administrative Assistant.
- Manage and coordinate staff and resources within the fiscal limitations as set by the Association.
- Prioritize jobs and staff assignments to provide necessary support to committees.
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed by staff in the performance of their duties.
- Provide for backup staff assistance to any and all committees of the Association, as needed.
Administration, Finance and Operations
- Keep the Officers, Board of Directors and all appropriate committees, councils and work groups informed of building, operational and personnel needs.
- Oversee the prudent and professional utilization of all funds, physical assets and resources.
- Act as the main signatory on all Association accounts.
- Execute such contracts and commitments as may be authorized by the Board of Directors or within established policies. May sign, along with the President and Secretary/Treasurer, all official contracts or instruments that the Board of Directors has authorized to be executed.
Committee & Board of Directors Activities
- Provides direct staff support, direction and assistance to the Executive Council, Board of Directors, Professional Standards, Grievance, Committees and Sub-Committees, PAGs, WR and NAR Directors, including: planning, setting goals and objectives, scheduling of and attendance at meetings, preparation of agendas, meeting packets and minutes, annual training and budget preparation. Some travel to state and national conferences may be required.
- Ensure that the Officers and Board of Directors and other appropriate members fully informed on the conditions of the Association and on all-important factors, which influence them.
- Be responsible for the planning, promotion and administration of all official meetings of the organization.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the Board of Directors.
- Assist the Secretary/Treasurer in carrying out the responsibilities for the Association. Keep, or cause to be kept, the minutes of the meetings of the Board of Directors and all official meetings of the Association. Issue or cause to be issued, all notices with the provision of the Bylaws as required by law. Maintain appropriate historical records, minutes, files and legal documents.
- Provide the necessary liaison and staff support to committees to enable them to properly perform their functions. Ensure that the committee decisions and recommendations are submitted to the Board of Directors.
- Carry out other responsibilities or special projects as may be delegated by the Board of Directors.
- Ensure regular and ongoing communication with the general membership, officers, directors and committees through newsletters, general mailings, electronic mail, and other approved publications.
- Maintain regular communications with key members, other organizations, and individuals in order to improve these relationships and promote the business of the Association.
- Act as a direct liaison with the Washington Association of REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS® when appropriate, and serve on such committees as appointed.
- Act as the designated representative and/or spokesperson for the Association, when appropriate.
- Act as liaison to organizations with similar interests.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct a public relations/media program to enhance public awareness and acceptance of the industry.
- Conduct research on projects, prepare reports and publish the results on subjects deemed of importance to the membership.
Beyond basic management skills, the EO will lead by example in communication skills. Not only are verbal skills important, but the EO will demonstrate competent use of software programs (like word document) to create letters, emails and newsletters using programs like Constant Contact. The EO shall have the ability to create and publish Installation and Awards programs, agendas and minutes for meetings and update the tpcar.org website. The EO shall become familiar with, and able to use, the Association's data base system and update the Association's website.
The EO reports to the Board of Directors through the President. The annual performance evaluation of this position shall be the responsibility of the President and at least 2 other officers selected by the President. The evaluation will be scheduled for November or December and a final report will be given to the Board of Directors.
Applicants should send cover letter & resume to HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Relocation expenses not included.
Closing date: May 1, 2015.
Director, Association Services - Yarmouth, MA
Cape Cod & Islands Association of REALTORS® (MA)
The Cape Cod & Islands Association of REALTORSⓇ, serving Cape Cod, Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard, is looking for an innovative, strategic thinker with great management skills to be the second in-command of the 2,300+ member, 501c6 non-profit, professional trade association. The successful applicant will possess the desire, ability, and track record to provide an exceptional member experience and value for REALTORⓇ Association members. The position oversees the management of the entire office and supervise the Association staff. Ideal candidate will be technology savvy and having track record of managing employees, providing value in a trade association, chamber of commerce or non-profit environment.
CCIAOR is one of the largest 100 associations in the country (out of more than 1100 local REALTOR® associations that comprise the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), with more than 1 million members. CCIAOR wholly owns the for-profit Cape Cod & Islands Multiple Listing Service, Inc (CCIMLS). CCIMLS is one of the largest 75 Multiple Listing Services in the country out of more than 600.
CCIAOR serves as the voice of real estate for Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket, and in conjunction with MAR and NAR, provides its members with the resources required to serve the public in an ethical and professional manner. Additionally, CCIAOR studies and keeps members and the public informed of the impact of issues dealing with real property ownership.
- Supervise all Association staff and monitor administrative processes and systems to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of service
- Interview, recruit and assist in hiring new employees and train and supervise staff and assign duties in consultation with the CEO
- Coordinate all internal staff communication and run staff meetings
- Assist CEO and financial staff in preparation, administration and implementation of the budget
- With the CEO, supervise and approve purchase of all expenditures
- Perform special projects as may be assigned by the CEO
- Investigate new member services and projects for consideration by the leadership team and work with other departments to enhance existing services and provide exceptional member value and experience
- Oversees Member Services Department and Association functions to ensure all members are treated with top quality customer service and ensure all problems or member questions are addressed promptly
- Act as the Membership Secretary for the purposes of the election of officers and directors to the Association and MLS and ensure compliance with the bylaws
- Supervise efficiency and accuracy of membership process, i.e. admissions, maintenance of records and employees associated with process
- Responsible for oversight of membership database administration and coordination of records with the Massachusetts Board of Real Estate Salespersons and Brokers and with MAR and NAR through NRDS.
- Work with leadership, members and staff to identify niche segments of membership and address their needs with special services and targeted communications accordingly and assign appropriate staff to carry out initiatives
- Investigate new member services and projects for consideration by the leadership team and work with other departments to enhance existing services to deliver exceptional association value to the members
- Maintain in-depth, current knowledge of all Association and MLS bylaws, rules and regulations, and policies and procedures, ensure organization adherence to these and are consistent with MAR, NAR and all local, state and federal laws
Compliance & Leadership
- Oversee Association compliance with NAR Core Standards and responsible for ensuring organization completes deadlines to comply with Core Standards
- Assist the CEO and Board of Directors in planning, developing and evaluating the Association’s goals, programs, policies, and procedures and keeps the focus of the organization on execution of the mission statement and strategic plan
- Maintain records of the Association and MLS and update regularly to stay in compliance with state and national association policies.
- Records minutes of Board of Director minutes and assembles Board of Director agenda packets, Board of Director communications and aids the CEO in staffing the Board of Director meetings.
- Act as local coordinator for REALTORⓇ trademark enforcement; notifying members and NAR of infringements and following up as necessary
Must be a college graduate that is technology savvy and have track record of managing employees, running successful programs and providing exceptional value in a trade association, chamber of commerce, non-profit or membership organization environment.
To apply for this position, please click here.
Paralegal/Professional Services Manager - Fairfax, VA
The Northern Virginia Association of REALTORS®
Local trade association is seeking an outgoing individual to fill a full-time Paralegal/Professional Services Manager position. We are seeking a team player with a can-do, ready to help attitude. The ideal candidate must be flexible, dependable and able to maintain confidentiality.
The Northern Virginia Association of REALTORS® (NVAR) was established in 1921 as the Alexandria-Arlington-Fairfax Real Estate Board, with about 40 members. NVAR has grown to over 8,000 REALTORS® who annually transact over $11 billion of housing sales in a community of more than 2 million residents.
A premier local association, NVAR is one of the hundreds of local and state associations that comprise the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), with more than 1 million members.
NVAR serves as The Voice For Real Estate in Northern Virginia and provides a variety of services to its members including educational opportunities, professional standards enforcement, market statistics, legislative reviews, issues lobbying, multiple listing and lockbox services, and more.
The mission of promoting "the right to own, transfer and use real property" extends beyond Northern Virginia to serve a national and international community. NVAR assists struggling associations around the world, sharing knowledge about how the industry works in the U.S. with real estate leaders from Poland, China, Russia, Ukraine, the Middle East, and other areas.
We are located in Fairfax, VA near the INOVA Fairfax Hospital. Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Responsible for coordinating the administrative processing of all disciplinary complaints, arbitration claims and mediation requests filed with NVAR. Remains knowledgeable on the specific procedures, rules and regulations of NVAR.
- Maintains all case files and records. Disseminates correspondence related to ongoing cases.
- Serves as the Staff Executive to the Grievance Committee. Provides administrative support to other committees as needed.
- Provides administrative support to the Professional Services Department.
- Assists General Counsel in research issued related to the real estate industry.
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- Paralegal Certification preferred
- Five to seven years general office experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Detail oriented
- Excellent writing & communication skills
- Ability to plan and organize
- Ability to interact favorably with members, public and co-workers
- Excellent computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet and internet
Salary commensurate with experience. Email your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com