REALTOR® associations' job openings can be posted free of charge for four consecutive weeks. Job openings are updated twice weekly (every Monday and Wednesday). Please keep your job descriptions to 100 words or less. To place an ad, call Debra Jordan at 312-329-8304 or email email@example.com.
- Chief Executive Officer, Honolulu, HI
- Association Executive, Pinetop-Lakeside, AZ
- Association Executive, Edmond, OK
- Communications and Marketing Director, Washington, DC
- MLS Training Coordinator. Dallas, TX
- Lobbyist, Raleigh, NC
- Executive Vice President, Chicago, IL
- Vice President of Public Policy, Tallahassee, FL
- PR/Media Specialist, Dallas, TX
- MLS Manager, Concord, CA
- Education, Events and Communications Coordinator, Waldwick, NJ
- Chief Executive Officer, Palm Desert, CA
- Manager, Online Advocacy, Washington, DC
- Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant, South Lake Tahoe, CA
Honolulu Board of REALTORS®, Honolulu, HI
The Board of Directors is seeking a qualified CEO for HBR who also serves as CEO of its subsidiary, HiCentral MLS, Ltd. The CEO is responsible for the effective conduct of business affairs of the Board and its subsidiaries and/or affiliates. The CEO participates and provides guidance in formulating statement policies, plans, organizes and is accountable for the success of all staff, programs and activities of the Board and MLS. The CEO is also responsible for the effective and efficient use of staff support to all committees and serves as the liaison between committees and the Board of Directors.
Successful candidate will have experience leading a company or organization. College Degree in business preferred. Extensive proven business experience may be substituted for degree. Excellent communications and people skills.
Candidates should send confidential resumes by January 15, 2015 with a cover letter and salary requirements to: INKINEN & ASSOCIATES Executives@inkinen.com
White Mountain Association of REALTORS®, Pinetop-Lakeside, AZ
The Association Executive (AE) is responsible for all aspects of our 350 member association’s day to day operations. Demonstrated leadership ability along with good organizational, time management, financial & broad computer skills are important. The AE should also possess excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication competencies as well as be very service oriented. The position does require travel. An understanding of the real estate industry as well experience working with and reporting to a Board of Directors would be a plus. Send resume to WMARAEPosition@gmail.com or Fax to 888 703-3088.
Edmond Board of REALTORS®, Edmond, OK
The Edmond Board of REALTORS® in Edmond, OK is seeking an Association Executive for their 600-member board. In this position, the AE recommends and participates in formulating the organization’s mission, goals, objectives, and related policies. The AE plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs the Association’s programs and activities, while:
- Developing and implementing member focused programs and services,
- Ensuring that core standards are met,
- Promoting the value of membership, and,
- Working closely with the Board of Directors and committee volunteers to implement the strategic plan.
The successful Candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Relationships – the AE should establish positive working relationships of mutual respect with leadership of the local, State and National Associations, committee members, members of the Association to the greatest degree possible, vendors, staff, and leadership from other associations
- Work ethic – be dedicated to the ideals and goals of the REALTOR® Association
- Be capable of working under pressure
- Be able to work within time constraints and meet deadlines
- Be capable of communicating to the membership the decisions of the Board of Directors on different matters
- Be able to communicate and work with the elected and volunteer leadership of the Association
- Be proficient in written communication skills
Compensation commensurate with experience will be negotiated.
Please do not contact the association directly. Send cover letter, resumé, and salary requirements by January 15, 2015 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Association of REALTORS®, Washington, DC
The Communications & Marketing Director develops and implements the REALTOR® Party/Community & Political Affairs Division communication strategy and direction. The Director is responsible for creating the advocacy message and ensuring it is conveyed throughout all aspects of the REALTOR® Party programs and services, including all electronic and printed communications. The Director manages promotions and communications for all REALTOR® Party events and activities.
- Crafting the REALTOR® Party message and determining appropriate communication methods for distribution
- Developing key advocacy message and identifying key opportunities for NAR officers’ and REALTOR® Party leaders’ presentations
- Developing content and writing REALTOR® Party News monthly newsletter, distributed to over 1 million members electronically
- Creating content for REALTOR® Action Center
- Developing all printed and electronic promotional materials for REALTOR® Party programs and services
- Overseeing the work of communication consultant and coordinating the work of communication vendors
- Ensuring REALTOR® Party brand promotion and protection
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years experience in communications and/or public relations;
- Keen political insight and experience in domestic policy arenas, highly desirable
- Proven track record developing and implementing strategic communications plans
- Experience managing production of published material
- Experience developing and implementing effective communications strategies for public policy, including: speeches, print, and on-line
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, cultivating consensual processes with all relevant partners
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
NAR offers a compelling salary, exceptional benefits and a Capitol Hill/Union Station location. For confidential consideration, please apply through our website: http://www.realtor.org/careers-at-nar/search-jobs No phone calls, please. EOE M/F/V/H
MetroTex Association of REALTORS®, Dallas, TX
The MetroTex Association of REALTORS® is seeking an MLS (Multiple Listing Service) Training Coordinator to work out of the Association headquarters office located in Dallas, TX. Travel throughout North Texas is required.
The ideal candidate possesses strong classroom computer hands-on instructional skills, experience using Microsoft Office products, ability to create course materials, and the ability to multi-task. Experience working in the real estate industry would be a plus but not a requirement.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Development and delivery of hands on MLS training courses for various MLS products.
- Development of course materials for training courses.
- Delivery of training courses in facilities outside the main MetroTex office.
- Provides support via telephone or online to approximately 14,000 active Participants and Subscribers for the products of the Multiple Listing Services (MLS).
- Assists with the preparation of MLS training materials and course documentation.
- Contributes technical articles for the Association website, newsletter, and blog posts.
MetroTex offers salary commensurate with experience as well as excellent full benefits. Please submit your resume and salary requirements to Cathy Faulkner at email@example.com
The NC Association of REALTORS®, Raleigh, NC
The NC Association of REALTORS® is seeking a dynamic lobbyist to provide professional service and expertise on legislative issues for our 33,000+ member organization.
The successful candidate will assist in representing NCAR’s interests before the North Carolina General Assembly, state departments and agencies, and Council of State offices and collaborate with legislators, interested parties and REALTORS® to enact legislation that is beneficial to REALTORS®. Additional duties include collaborating with the Association’s grassroots and political action committee efforts.
Candidates should have experience in government relations or political campaigns and a thorough knowledge of the legislative process.
Organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and work with limited supervision are a must. Dedication to customer service, problem resolution and working together as a team to achieve goals and objectives will enable a person to have success in this role. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, as well as basic Microsoft office skills required.
A bachelor’s degree from a four year institution is required. Law school degree or advanced degree in public policy, government relations or political science is preferred. Salary is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
This position is located in the Raleigh office of NCAR. Travel to state and national meetings throughout the year is required. Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume and references to CThomas@NCRealtors.org.
Women's Council of REALTORS®, Chicago, IL
Women's Council of REALTORS® (The Council) is one of the largest U.S. women's professional organizations and has one of the most successful communication networks in the NAR family. Founded in 1938, the Women's Council is a nationwide community of 11,000± real estate professionals including many of the best and brightest in the business. The backbone of the Council is its network of 250 local and state chapters with volunteer leaders trained to position their groups as a business resource in their REALTOR® communities. The Council has an operating budget of $1.8 million and 6 FTE.
POSITION TITLE: Executive Vice President (EVP)
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
The EVP will report to the President and Officers and the Executive Committee of the Council (17). He/she will manage a $1.8M budget and 6 FTE.
Prime candidates should have a Bachelors degree. An advanced degree in a related field is beneficial, but directly related experience is a more critical consideration.
Proven communication skills; articulate and enthusiastic, with an entrepreneurial orientation.
Not-for-profit/association management or corporate leadership experience.
Marketing oriented and able to manage a campaign.
A proven “listener” who will act on Leadership input.
A recognized, well respected leader (i.e. works well with Leadership; has solid staff management and development skills; respected by Members).
Diplomatic; able to work well with all constituencies.
A relationship and consensus builder.
Proven operational and administrative skills. Experienced in staff assessment with an eye towards innovation and improvement.
A “servant leader” approach. Understand the nuances of working in a volunteer driven organization.
An understanding of the real estate industry and current issues would be helpful
To apply contact: Leonard Pfeiffer (x22) or Zara Sulayman 202/737-6327 (x24, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Florida REALTORS®, Tallahassee, FL
Type: Full Time – Experienced
Preferred Minimum Education and Desired Qualifications:
- Reports to the CEO
- Proven success in the public policy arena and legislative process.
- Background beneficial in private sector business and/or familiarity with residential, commercial and international real estate industries.
- Experience in advocacy, public speaking, and familiarity in working with policymakers.
- Proactive nature with an inclination for results and actions.
- Manages and presents budgets impacting Office of Public Policy.
- Superior people and business management skills, with the ability to effectively manage, motivate and support, and to affect accountability of Public Policy employees.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to multi-task while managing multiple projects and volunteer input.
- 4 Year Degree.
Purpose of Position: Support and advance the FLORIDA REALTORS® public policy purpose to protect and advance the interests of the FLORIDA REALTORS® members and Florida consumers, while improving the business environment in which Florida real estate licensees operate and compete. This position manages activities within FLORIDA REALTORS® public policy efforts on a state, national and global arena. The Vice President of Public Policy works with the Board of Directors to develop, plan and execute the association's strategic public policy initiatives as the Vice President of the policy team. The Vice President of Public Policy functions as a primary association spokesperson on public policy and acts as government liaison and lobbyist. Please submit your resume and cover letter by December 22, 2014, to email@example.com.
MetroTex Association of REALTORS®, Dallas, TX
The MetroTex Association of REALTORS® is seeking a PR/Media Specialist. The role is responsible for implementing a PR/Media strategy in order to ensure effective and reliable communications. The specialist will cultivate and manage relationships with local media and create effective and consistent media stories to establish MetroTex as the local source of real estate information in DFW. The ideal candidate will have a degree in communications or related field and at least 5 years’ experience in related positions. Applicants should be organized with the ability to juggle multiple priorities, work well under pressure, and possess strong, writing, editing, research and communications skills. Applicants should also be capable, organized and confident public speakers. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
East Bay Regional Data Multiple Listing Service, Concord, CA
The East Bay Regional Data Multiple Listing Service (ebrdmls.com) for the San Francisco East Bay area is seeking a skilled MLS Manager. EBRDMLS provides the MLS system, technical support and customer service for the 3000-4000 subscribers from 4 REALTOR® associations located in Alameda and Contra Costa counties in the Bay Area.
The MLS Manager is responsible for oversight of the Customer Service, Training, Technical and Legal aspects of the MLS system, including Policies and Procedures, Rules and Regulations, Violations, and Compliance including escalation and arbitration. Operation, supervision and evaluation of staff, and liaison with the Association Service Centers and Data Share Partners is essential.
The successful candidate will possess strong computer and software skills, and significant supervision and management experience. Knowledge of MLS systems, completion of Board Certification classes, technical and programing knowledge, Internet marketing experience and web development are pluses. Communication, problem solving, and strong organizational and multi-tasking stills are essential. Salary is negotiable, commensurate with education, background and experience.
Please submit resume, contact information, salary history, and references to Nancy Foss, EBRDMLS Director, at email@example.com.
RealSource Association of REALTORS®, Waldwick, NJ
The Education, Events and Communications Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all professional development activities throughout the year and ensuring compliance with state continuing education regulations. This staff member has discretion to select the calendar of educational offerings offered throughout the year. This staff member is also responsible for selecting, planning and facilitating all board events and meetings throughout the year. This staff member also is responsible for the consistent communications released from the RealSource Association of REALTORS® to the members and the public in conjunction with the CEO and in alignment with the association’s public relations efforts. The staffer will be responsible for updating website content and should possess HTML skills along with graphic design capabilities as they will be responsible for all marketing materials, flyers etc. This staffer will also be responsible for staffing several committees within the association and executing their wishes in conjunction with the CEO.
The RealSource Association of REALTORS® has approximately 3,000 members and a staff of four. The salary for this position is $35,000 and includes 401k, life insurance, and long term disability insurance. The association also pays a portion of medical benefits and has a competitive paid time off package.
Please send all resumes to the Attention of Elsie A. Abramo: firstname.lastname@example.org
California Desert Association of REALTORS®, Palm Desert, CA
The California Desert Association of REALTORS® (CDAR) operates in the nine renowned Palm Springs resort communities including Palm Desert, Indian Wells, Rancho Mirage, La Quinta, Indio, and is seeking an experienced REALTOR® Association Executive (AE) to lead this organization. CDAR serves 3,100+ members and provides MLS to 3,600 subscribers by nine service orientated staff that work well team.
We are seeking an Executive with proven skills with associations and partnering with volunteers creating vibrant cohesive leadership to:
- Develop and implement member focused programs and services.
- Implement innovative non dues revenue programs.
- Promote the value of membership and recruit nonmember offices.
- Provide a professional work environment and supervise staff by establishing consistent human resources policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors and committee volunteers to set up and implement the strategic plan.
The successful Candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal attributes:
- Strong convictions and good emotional intelligence.
- Proven Leadership and Management skills.
- Comfortable speaking in front of professional groups.
- Financial Management in a nonprofit organization, including Budget Preparation and implementation.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Work well independently as well as with volunteers, staff and committees, ensuring compliance with NAR, CAR, and CDAR Bylaws and Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain a presence with the public and elected officials.
- Travel to State and National meetings is required as approved by the Board of Directors.
- College degree and minimum 5-7 years REALTOR® Association or related management preferred.
Compensation commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package will be negotiated.
Do not contact the association directly. Send cover letter, resumé, and salary requirements by December 15, 2014 to: email@example.com
National Association of REALTORS®
The Manager of Online Advocacy is the technical guru, digital strategist, and data analyst who supports the achievement of NAR’s online grassroots goals. The Manager is best practices advisor for advocacy and online tools to State and Local association staff and is the central point of contact for all aspects of the NAR REALTOR® Party Action Center (Convio/Blackbaud). In addition, s/he manages the process, execution and evaluation of the NAR Calls for Action (CFA) and advises state associations with CFAs to targeted or general membership on key state legislation.
- Develops and implements a multi-level training plan aimed at increasing the usability and effectiveness of the REALTOR® Party Hub.
- Manages NAR’s relationship with software vendor staff and management. Collaborates with software professionals on hub issues, product improvements and long-term strategies.
- In collaboration with NAR Government Affairs staff crafts messages for members, Associations and affiliates and manage the life cycle of CFAs.
- Conducts CFA message testing where possible and provide required metrics to evaluate the success of messages. Creates reports and evaluates online grassroots activity
- Minimum of 5-7 years of e-communications and e-marketing experience; association experience a plus.
- Identifies problems in a timely manner; works with others to solve complex issues.
- Working knowledge of information architecture and web usability.
- Proven experience developing and managing online communications.
- Experience that demonstrates: sound and accurate judgment; effective collaboration; decision making skills, persistence in overcoming obstacles; and facility with calculated risks.
- Desired: demonstrable experience with Convio/Blackbaud software.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
The South Tahoe Association of REALTORS®
The South Tahoe Association of REALTORS®, an established not-for-profit organization, seeks a professional to handle the books & provide administrative support to the Executive Vice President. Duties include but are not limited to A/R, A/P, billing, payroll, account reconciliation & maintaining budgets as well as providing back-up assistance with answering phones & providing membership support.
Successful candidates must be well rounded, detail-oriented, self directed and able to multi-task. Applicant must possess excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills and have basic computer literacy. Must be flexible and willing to cross-train. Knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Word & Excel required. Real Estate related experience is a plus. Testing of software systems will be given to all applicants.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 AM -- 5 PM
Salary: Depends upon skills & experience.
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent (after 3 month probationary period)
Benefits: Medical & Dental, 11 paid holidays, 2 weeks of vacation after one year of employment
Education: Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
Start Date: Position available immediately, negotiable
Category: Admin/Office Jobs
Compensation: Hourly wage, depends upon skills & experience
Equal Opportunity Employer