REALTOR® associations' job openings can be posted free of charge for four consecutive weeks. Job openings are updated twice weekly (every Monday and Wednesday). Please keep your job descriptions to 100 words or less. To place an ad, call Debra Jordan at 312-329-8304 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Government Affairs Director, Salem, OR
- Government Affairs Director, Mesa, AZ
- Chief Executive Officer, VA
- Association Executive, MI
- Association Executive, Marathon, FL
- Chief Executive Officer, Palm Springs, CA
- MLS Vice President, Birmingham, AL
- Chief Executive Officer, Nags Head, NC
The Oregon Association of REALTORS®, Salem, OR
The Oregon Association of REALTORS® (OAR) is recruiting for a Government Affairs Director (GAD) to represent OAR on all legislative and regulatory matters pertaining to the real estate industry, private property rights, and professional issues at the state level. This position is responsible for the overall advocacy and political agendas of the Association. The primary focus of the position is to execute a strategic directive to continue to ensure that OAR is the preeminent voice for the Oregon real estate industry.
The GAD develops and maintains relationships with legislative and executive branch policy makers on matters of Association and member interest. The GAD represents the Association, as well as the real estate industry, before legislative bodies and governmental agencies.
The GAD oversees the Association’s political strategy including: understanding the overall political campaign landscape, effectively deploying volunteer resources, and managing the Association’s involvement for maximum influence. The GAD also manages and oversees filing all legally required lobbyist, lobbyist agent, and PAC registrations and/or reports.
The position may also require contemporaneous response to media requests and identification of OAR members to respond to media requests.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A Bachelor’s degree
• Experience with public speaking as well as excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
skills a must
• 3 years’ experience working on state legislative issues
• Advanced degree in law or public policy (preferred)
• Congressional, lobbying, and/or professional society/trade association experience a plus
• Ability to motivate and mobilize volunteers
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a dignified, professional manner
• Ability to work effectively in a team-based work environment
Salary commensurate with experience. Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and 401k plan are also included.
The Oregon Association of REALTORS® is a nonprofit professional membership association dedicated to the advancement of the real estate industry in order to serve the public good. For consideration, submissions of interest must contain a resume and cover letter with salary history and requirements.
Mail to: OAR Or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PO Box 351
Salem, OR 97308
Deadline: Friday, April 4, 2014
SouthEast Valley Regional Association of REALTORS®, Mesa, AZ
The SouthEast Valley Regional Association of REALTORS®, located in Mesa, AZ, is currently recruiting for a full-time Government Affairs Director. This person will report directly to the CEO.
The Government Affairs Director monitors political, legislative, and regulatory issues affecting the residential and commercial real estate industries in the southeast valley (Apache Junction, Ahwatukee, Chandler, Gilbert, Guadalupe, Mesa, Queen Creek, Gold Canyon, Sun Lake, and Tempe) ; advises the general membership and volunteer leadership of SEVRAR concerning these matters; advocates the REALTOR® position to local government and public officials; and, oversees SEVRAR’s REALTORS® of Arizona Political Action Committee (RAPAC). Key result areas include advocacy, RAPAC Fundraising and campaign management.
The major responsibilities of the position consist of the following:
- Maintain a broad understanding of federal, state, and local political issues affecting the real estate industry in the southeast valley.
- Track proposed legislation impacting land use policy and the real estate industry.
- Assist the Association in determining positions on public policy and promote those positions to local governments.
- Broaden members’ awareness of political and policy matters through newsletters, website articles, video updates, social media, and presentations at brokerage sales meetings, membership meetings, or other speaking opportunities.
- Promote grassroots political involvement by REALTORS® through online advocacy and personal engagement.
- Create and execute a fundraising plan for RAPAC, including communications, special events, and the recruitment and training of RAPAC Trustees.
- Coordinate the interviewing of candidates for local public office and assist the RAPAC committee in selecting and recommending candidates to receive RAPAC support.
- Coordinate with the Arizona Association of REALTORS® and NAR Government Affairs staff on issues and activities as needed.
- Comply with registration and reporting requirements of local governments, the state, and the Campaign Finance Commission regarding lobbying and PAC activities.
- Serve as liaison to the SEVRAR Commercial, Government Affairs, and RAPAC Committees, and provide staff support, including preparation of agendas, minutes, and other materials.
Five years of experience as a Government Affairs Director or Association Executive. Bachelor’s degree in political science, public administration, or a related field is preferred. The ideal candidate will have strong oral and written communication skills. H/she must be highly motivated, and proficient in web/internet navigation, Excel, and MS Word. Ability to validate and assure accuracy of all documentation provided.
We offer a rewarding and challenging work environment along with a competitive salary and benefits package to include, but not limited to 100% company paid premiums for medical, dental, and life. Additionally, we offer a 401K plan and other excellent benefit options.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their resume, along with a cover letter stating their salary requirements to Barney Thornton, Administrative Assistant at email@example.com by Wednesday, March 26th.
Virginia Peninsula Association of REALTORS®
The Virginia Peninsula Association of REALTORS® (VPAR) is the region's voice for the 1,000+ real estate professionals and an information site for those interested in pursuing a real estate career or finding members in good standing in the area. Our objectives are to maintain high standards of ethical conduct, to provide educational programs that foster and promote professional development in accordance with state laws and regulations, and to be a resource concerning all aspects of home ownership. For more information, visit: http://vpar.org/PDF/VPAR_CeoSearch.pdf
As the chief salaried executive of the Association, the CEO will oversee the day-to-day operations of VPAR and also be responsible for strategic and operational functions of the Association while facilitating interaction between staff, membership, and the Board. In addition, he/she will:
- Attract, recruit, and maintain a high quality professional staff, ensuring a workplace conducive to member satisfaction and service; staff achievement, experience and growth, teamwork, high morale, and accountability.
- Establish staff performance standards and reviews, and maintain a competitive salary structure as verified from an authoritative source.
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of VPAR’s Strategic Plan, annual goals and objectives, and long range business planning. Develop and implement strategies to attain those goals.
- Develop specific procedures, programs, budgets, and policies in response to the Strategic Plan and implement measurement guidelines to track and analyze performance in order to meet annual budget targets.
- Work in a manner to ensure that VPAR committees and leadership are able to successfully conduct their core functions; ensure that committee decisions are followed and enhanced.
- Promote interest and active participation in association activities to the VPAR membership and report association activities through the appropriate VPAR communications channels.
- Serve as primary liaison to and maintain effective relationships with related industries/associations and professional groups (i.e., Virginia Peninsula Chamber of Commerce, Peninsula Housing & Builders Association) and other local businesses to enhance the policies of VPAR.
- Work closely with the Board by communicating, advising, and making recommendations on issues impacting the real estate industry.
- Execute contracts and commitments as authorized by the Board of Directors or within established policies.
- Assure that all assets of VPAR are safeguarded.
The candidate should possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. An advanced degree, CAE, RCE or Institute designations would be attractive, but directly related work experience is most desirable.
The Candidate should submit to firstname.lastname@example.org a current résumé, including a minimum of two references, along with a cover letter to include responses to the questions listed on the website.
Grosse Pointe Board of REALTORS®
710 Notre Dame, Suite 1
Grosse Pointe, MI 48230
The Grosse Pointe Board of REALTORS (GPBR) seeks an association executive to manage the association. The Chief Executive Officer is in charge of GBPR operations, reporting directly to the Board of Directors and its officers. The CEO is responsible for the organization's consistent achievement of its stated mission and financial objectives. Qualified candidates should exhibit strong leadership skills, familiarity with strategic planning, an ability to organize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and a strong understanding of and respect for the real estate profession and the issues surrounding it.
Bachelor's degree desired. An advanced degree, CAE, RCE, or Institute designations are also attractive.
For a complete job description, email GPBRCEO@mirealtors.com.
Please submit resume and salary requirements by March 7, to GPBR Association Executive Search, P.O. Box 40725, Lansing, MI 48901-7925 or email to GPBRCEO@mirealtors.com, by March 7, 2014.
- Honesty, integrity, strong character
- Ability to operate a business; understand the big picture, problem solve, analyze numbers, prioritize, and allocate resources
- Leadership skills; self-confident, charismatic, enthusiastic, ability to motivate
- Ability to understand and motivate volunteers
- Communication skills; ability to listen, digest, and present information effectively (written, oral, graphic)
- Confident self-starter, with the ability to create structure and to work with limited supervision
- Ability to create and execute successful programs and events
- Flexibility; the ability to adapt to various situations
- Social and public relation skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to give praise to others with little need to receive it
Established in 1985, the Grosse Pointe Board of REALTORS® is made up of REALTORS® and allied professionals. Its members abide by the REALTORS® Code of Ethics to provide members with resources, programs, and services necessary to conduct a professional and successful business.
Marathon & Lower Keys Association of REALTORS®, Marathon, FL
The Marathon & Lower Keys Association of REALTORS® (FL) is seeking a full-time professional to manage our Marathon office. The ideal candidate is a detail oriented self-starter with the ability to multi-task. Excellent customer service and eagerness to learn the system of our busy office is essential. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite & QuickBooks; Salary with benefits based on experience. Visit www.mymlkar.com/careers for more information. Email your resume with references to email@example.com.
- Ability to effectively manage, evaluate and engage staff, increase skills and knowledge and encourage growth and teamwork.
- Create an inviting and cooperative working relationship with members and vendors of the association
- Have the ability to analyze and meet budgets
- Self-motivated with desire to help association and its members meet their goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to produce accurate documents and recordkeeping
- Highly organized and able to perform multiple tasks, establish correct priorities
- Ability to work with Leadership to collaborate to meet members needs, establish new services and show value
- Ability to work with members and committees, organize and facilitate those committees so that they can meet their goals and strategic plan, as well as be observant of needs not met and has the ability to collaborate to help meet those needs.
- Provide exceptional customer and member service
- Plan agendas for Board, MLX and committee meetings
- Ensure funds, physical assets and other property of the association are appropriately safeguarded and administered.
- Make sure Association is in compliance with NAR and state requirements, goals and strategic plans
- Maintain, update and revise records, policies and procedures
- Represents the Association enthusiastically at various meeting and functions
Palm Springs Regional Association of REALTORS®, Palm Springs, CA
The Palm Springs Regional Association of REALTORS® (PSRAR) is seeking an experienced, innovative, forward-thinking Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Located in the heart of the World Renowned Coachella Valley the Palm Springs Regional Association of REALTORS® serves more than 1,000 REALTOR® members.
- Member Driven
- Exceptional Verbal and Written Communications Skills
- Strong Team-Building Philosophy
- Excellent Financial Management Experience and Skills
- Good Understanding and Command of Technology, including Social Media Skills
- Proficiency in REALTOR® Professional Standards and Code of Ethics
- Responsibilities Include:
- Handle all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Palm Springs Regional Association of REALTORS® including working with our Board of Directors, theMLS.com, our membership, C.A.R. and N.A.R.
- Perform all duties and implement all programs as directed by the Board of Directors
- Ensure the legal integrity of the Association and consult with Legal Counsel on issues of importance
- Attend and participate in C.A.R. and N.A.R. business meetings, activities and programs, and be involved in other relevant outside organizations, to benefit our Association and its members.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships between PSRAR and its membership, volunteer leaders, affiliate members, the local community, neighboring REALTOR® Associations, C.A.R. and N.A.R.
- Outreach to community leaders, legislators and other relevant organizations
These responsibilities are not all inclusive, but represent some of the overall elements of the position.
Education / Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, Advanced Degree Desirable
- RCE and/or CAE Preferable
- Extensive Association Management Experience, Preferably with a REALTOR® Association
Salary and Benefits:
Compensation will be based on qualifications, education and work experience. We offer an exceptional benefit package including paid insurances, and paid time off.
How to Apply:
In you are interested in being considered for this position; please send a cover letter, resume, and either a salary history or salary requirements. Your application will be held in strict confidence. You may apply via email at: CEOSearch@psrar.org or by mail to: CEO Search Committee, Palm Springs Regional Association of REALTORS®, 4045 E. Ramon Road, Palm Springs, CA 92264. PSRAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No telephone calls, please.
Greater Alabama Multiple Listing Service, Birmingham, AL
The Greater Alabama Multiple Listing Service (GAMLS) is seeking an enthusiastic and innovative Vice President to lead this wholly owned, growing subsidiary of the Birmingham Association of REALTORS®. Featuring a growing subscriber base of well over 3,000 members, the ideal GAMLS candidate will be knowledgeable in many different areas including syndication, mergers, acquisitions, and employee/staff management.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Working with members and committees to execute the MLS Strategic Plan
- Promoting subscriber participation and organizing and facilitating MLS Committee and Board meetings
- Bridge-building with surrounding MLS’s
- Implementing new technologies and products
- Managing existing IDX and VOW platforms for members and vendors
- Manage staff
- Three to five years’ MLS management experience
- Project management
- Public speaking
- Strong customer service skills
- MLS Marketplace vendor rapport
- An “attitude to serve”
Relocation Package is available.
Depending upon the skills and experiences of the individual we pursue, we are anticipating a base salary commensurate with a role of this nature. Standard benefits such as health, dental, and 401(k) are part of the benefit package.
References from within the MLS work field will be required.
Submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 7, 2014. EOE
Outer Banks Association of REALTORS® in Nags Head, North Carolina
The Outer Banks Association of REALTORS® (OBAR) is seeking a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Located on the barrier islands of North Carolina in a family resort beach and sound front community, the Outer Banks Association of REALTORS® serves approximately 900 REALTOR® and Affiliate members. OBAR has 5 staff, and a shared a Governmental Affairs Consultant.
The successful candidate will be a team builder and team player with both Leadership and Staff to implement the Association's strategic vision. Collaboration with local leadership, community organizations, and the state association to provide education, programs and services for the membership is crucial. Knowledge of legislative process, strong financial management, and innovativeness for generating new member programs and services is also important. Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, as this is a highly visible position within the Association and community.
5-7 years Association management experience required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. RCE/CAE designation is a plus. Please submit a cover letter, resume with at least three references, and your salary requirements to: email@example.com. EOE