REALTOR® associations' job openings can be posted free of charge for four consecutive weeks. Job openings are updated twice weekly (every Monday and Wednesday). Please keep your job descriptions to 100 words or less. To place an ad, call Debra Jordan at 312-329-8304 or e-mail email@example.com.
- MLS Vice President, Birmingham, AL
- Director of Professional Development, Charlottesville, VA
- Executive Vice President, Jupiter, FL
- MLS Director, Panama City, FL
- Managing Director, REALTOR Advocacy Communications & Mobilization, National Association of REALTORS®, Washington, DC
- Political Specialist, Greensboro, NC
- Director of Education and Professional Development (EPD) Minneapolis, MN
Greater Alabama Multiple Listing Service, Birmingham, AL
The Greater Alabama Multiple Listing Service (GAMLS) is seeking an enthusiastic and innovative Vice President to lead this wholly owned, growing subsidiary of the Birmingham Association of REALTORS®. Featuring a growing subscriber base of well over 3,000 members, the ideal GAMLS candidate will be knowledgeable in many different areas including syndication, mergers, acquisitions, and employee/staff management.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Working with members and committees to execute the MLS Strategic Plan
- Promoting subscriber participation and organizing and facilitating MLS Committee and Board meetings
- Bridge-building with surrounding MLS’s
- Implementing new technologies and products
- Managing existing IDX and VOW platforms for members and vendors
- Manage staff
- Three to five years’ MLS management experience
- Project management
- Public speaking
- Strong customer service skills
- MLS Marketplace vendor rapport
- An “attitude to serve”
Relocation Package is available.
Depending upon the skills and experiences of the individual we pursue, we are anticipating a base salary commensurate with a role of this nature. Standard benefits such as health, dental, and 401(k) are part of the benefit package.
References from within the MLS work field will be required.
Submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 3, 2014.
Charlottesville Area Association of REALTORS® (CAAR), Charlottesville, VA
Chief Executive Officer
To develop and direct a comprehensive education program which promotes the value of CAAR and informs the membership and association customers of industry issues and association activities on a timely basis. Also responsible for delivering cost effective and competitive programs capable of providing necessary services for REALTOR® members to become and remain successful in today’s real estate market, consistent with the CAAR mission & vision.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
The Director of Professional Development role is a highly important and visible position for CAAR as it is the primary source of information for member training and involvement with the association.
A Bachelors Degree is preferred.
Minimum of three (3) years recent work experience in association management, with priority given to REALTOR® association experience. Previous experience in managing deadline driven processes, adult education programming or experience with membership-focused organizations is ideal.
Position Requirements: The Director of Professional Development spends time attending meetings, researching and writing reports, scheduling courses and events and preparing members to represent CAAR in the community. A working condition can be demanding and fast-paced. Demands include limited local travel for meetings, some on evenings and weekends, as well as regular attendance for state and regional meetings. Minimum requirements include:
- Reliable transportation to meetings and assignments.
- Ability to meet with REALTORS and other members at their place of business.
- Advanced computer skills, photography, social media profile management skills.
- Ability to communicate in both the written and spoken word. Superior customer service skills.
- Well organized and able to interpret relevant insights from various resources and produce error-free reports and correspondence.
- Proactively engages REALTOR® members on a regular basis in matters of local importance. Strong interpersonal skills and time management skills are critical.
- Working knowledge and experience in social media and reputation management on behalf of a business organization.
- Maintains a positive attitude, and possesses the ability to interact well with members, legislators, staff, ability to well represent the Association and real estate industry.
- Management abilities helpful, need to coordinate member activities, work well with fellow staff members, etc.,
- Must be self-directed, able to identify projects, develop strategies to conduct projects, and see projects to completion.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, articulate and professional.
- Ability to interact effectively with executives at all levels and represent the organization with a high-degree of integrity.
- Highly motivated, with ability and initiative to work independently, set priorities and handle multiple tasks with good judgment.
- Capable of budgeting, planning, and producing within a budget.
Jupiter – Tequesta - Hobe Sound Association of Realtors, Jupiter, FL
Job Category: Management/Finance/Technology
Travel Requirement: Yes
Position: Full-Time with benefits
Job Overview: The overall responsibility of the EVP is to provide supervision, guidance and counsel to Staff and Board to effectively meet the goals and objectives of the Association and the MLS. Plan, organize, coordinate and direct programs, committee activities, and staff projects. Key Liaison between Board of Directors, committees and members with FloridaRealtors and NAR.
Duties: Oversee all aspects of Realtor® Association and MLS Management
Skills/Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. Previous Assoc. Management experience. RCE designation a plus.
Compensation: Commensurate with previous employment experience.
To view the full job description: http://www.jthsrealtors.com/images/stories/ae-jobposting.pdf
Resume Submission: JTHSResume@gmail.com
Bay County Association of REALTORS®, Panama City, FL
The Bay County Association of REALTORS® (FL) is seeking a Director for its Multiple Listing Service and IT activities. BCAR MLS is wholly owned and operated by the Bay County Association of REALTORS® with approximately 1,000 subscribers and participants. The System has Solid Earth as its vendor.
- Organize and facilitate MLS Committee meetings in conjunction with the Chair.
- Report action items to BOD
- Recommend and implement new technology and maintain existing systems
- Manage MLS staff and department, reporting to AE
- MLS management experience
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- IT experience
- Most importantly, an attitude of "YES"
Depending upon the skills and experiences of the individual we pursue, we are anticipating a base salary commensurate with a role of this nature. Standard benefits such as medical and dental are part of the benefit package.
If you are qualified and interested in being considered as a candidate for this opportunity, please submit your resume, along with your most recent compensation information to AE@BCAOR.com.
Please indicate BCAR MLS Director in the subject line of your submission.
National Association of REALTORS®, Washington, DC
The Managing Director oversees and directs the work of the Advocacy and Grassroots team which implements NAR’s REALTOR® Party Initiative. S/he serves on the management team of the Community and Political Affairs (CPA) division.
The Managing Director creates, implements and manages advocacy communication strategies, plans and goals for internal and external communications and member mobilization. S/he strategically promotes division activities and collaborates with REALTOR® Association leaders and other internal stakeholders on emerging issues and trends.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Leads and manages the Advocacy and Grassroots team including staffing needs, establishing responsibilities and priorities, developing individual goals, managing performance, leading department meetings, coaching, and training
- Responsible for all advocacy communications and promotional tools, including advocacy software, hardware, and data; mobile programs & products; web-based products and services (including REALTOR® Action Center); newsletters; social media; and any other current or future communication tools
- Oversees all aspects of advocacy communication platform, the REALTOR® Party Hub, including contractual obligations, consultant and vendor relationships, third-party related services, user/client usage and needs assessment, troubleshooting, program evaluation, etc.
- Oversees Member Mobilization and Member Engagement programs, services, and activities
- Coordinates and manages consultants and consultants’ services, including contract negotiations, contract performance, budget and contract compliance, invoicing, quality of work, etc.
- Creates or directs preparation of communications and presentations for REALTOR® Party leadership and key staff
- Participates in budget preparations, budget management, and financial communications to senior staff, leader members, and direct reports
- Responsible for promotion and marketing of REALTOR® Party and CPA division programs and services
- Minimum 8+ years’ related experience in progressively responsible positions related to advocacy communications in a trade association or corporation
- Demonstrated track record of success and leadership in managing strategic communications, including developing and managing communications, marketing, and mobilization strategies
- Proficiencies in developing and maintaining websites, social media, mobile, and other advocacy communication tools
- Thorough comprehension of financial statements; ability to create, review, and manage financial goals and budgets
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing a team of professional-level staff and working closely with internal and external partners, senior-level executives, highly engaged volunteers, stakeholders, and contractors
- Strong project management; strong organizational skills; ability to multitask under tight deadlines
- Excellent written verbal and presentation communication skills
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans; creative self-starter
- Superior teamwork skills; ability to engage and collaborate with staff and volunteers
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Bachelor's degree in communications or technology preferred
NAR offers a compelling salary, exceptional benefits and a Capitol Hill/Union Station location. For confidential consideration, please apply via http://www.realtors.org/jobs. No phone calls, please. EOE M/F/V/H
NC Association of REALTORS®, Greensboro, NC
The North Carolina Association of REALTORS® is seeking a dynamic political specialist to provide professional service and expertise to all political programs of the Government Affairs Department.
The successful candidate will have three or more years' experience, preferably in political campaigns or government affairs. Candidates should have a basic knowledge of the political process and experience with NC campaigns and/or politics. Organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines and work with limited supervision are a must. Dedication to customer service, problem resolution, and working together as a team to achieve goals and objectives will enable a person to have success in this role. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, as well as basic Microsoft Office skills. Some database management and mining experience is beneficial.
Salary is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience. The Political Specialist will not be a registered lobbyist. Serious candidates should send cover letter, resume, and references to CThomas@NCRealtors.org.
Minneapolis Area Association of REALTORS® (MAAR), Minneapolis, MN
The Minneapolis Area Association of Realtors (MAAR) supports an organized real estate environment and provides local REALTORS® with essential market information, educational resources, a trusted networking community, an effective industry voice and strong leadership for greater professional success.
We are looking for a passionate education director which has the ability to deliver relevant, trending and innovative initiatives for 7000+ entrepreneurial adult learners. You are creative, have acute attention to detail, a solid work ethic, and a sense of humor. The Director’s responsibilities will include the ability to do the following:
- Develop and deliver exceptional educational programming based on a thorough understanding of the evolving needs of the real estate communities we serve.
- Attract, recruit and retain a cadre of talented instructors willing to evolve with the ever changing world of real estate professionals.
- Explore and implement contemporary methods of improving adult learning experiences.
- Facilitate member involvement in education related initiatives by actively attracting volunteer participants.
- Actively participate on the Association’s leadership management team.
- Lead the EPD team of staff and consultants charged with daily operations of the department.
- Represent and network with other organizations whenever possible to further the mission of the organization.
- Collaborate with other departments within the organization to accomplish EPD goals and objectives.
The best candidate will have these describers:
- Self-motivated and able to creatively problem solve
- Manage with minimal supervision
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder
- Proven leader
- Posses a creative flare with an understanding of latest trends in technology and education innovation
- Provider of exceptional customer/member experiences
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Social media savvy
Education and Experience
5+ Years experience directing education programming for adult learners
Master’s Degree in Education or related field preferred
Professional speaking capability a plus
Real Estate Experience a plus
MAAR provides a complete benefits package: medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and a competitive salary.
Please send your resume, letter of interest and anything else you think we need to know about you to Linda Stoeckicht at email@example.com. Please put EPD Director in the Subject line.