AE YPN AEI Summary
Association Executives Committee
AE YPN Work Group
Sunday, March 23, 2014
Work Group Purpose
To encourage and promote involvement and career development in the REALTOR® association management profession through recognition and education opportunities; to provide idea sharing and networking opportunities for younger AEs through the AE YPN Meet-ups at the AE Institute, REALTOR® Party Convention & Trade Expo, and Annual Conference; and host an annual event for AEs that will enhance the visibility and value of the AE YPN network.
The work group reviewed the 2013 initiatives and goals for 2014:
- “AE Leaders of Tomorrow” Young Professionals Award
- The AEC Recommendations and Recognition Advisory Board reviewed and approved the award criteria and made one change noting that the award does not need to be granted every year. The nomination form will launch in September and the Recommendations and Recognition Subcommittee will select the first recipient(s) at the November 2014 REALTORS® Conference & Expo in New Orleans, LA. Winners will be announced at the November 2014 REALTORS® Conference and Expo and formally recognized at the 2015 AE Institute in Vancouver.
- AE YPN Professional Development
- Marc Gould, RCE, Vice President, Business Specialties, discussed the progress of REALTOR® University’s growth over the last couple of years and the course catalog it offers to association executives. He also announced that the first graduating class would be recognized at the REALTOR® Party Convention & Trade Expo in DC in May.
- Discussed adding an RPAC contribution element to future meet-ups.
Work group members will form teams to address the following goals, via conference call, prior to and at our meeting in DC:
- Promote the AE Mentor Program through “Mentor / Mentee Round Up” sessions at AEI
- Build out “How AEs Can Get Involved in Committees” section of Realtor.org
- Attain 100% RPAC investments from AE YPN Work Group and consider conducting RPAC fundraising campaign
- Work with REALTOR® University to assist in their outreach efforts for recruitment into the REALTOR® Association Management Industry
2014 REALTOR® Party Convention & Trade Expo, Washington, DC --
Wednesday, May 14th, 2014, 4:00p.m. – 5:00p.m.
Work Group Members
Ryan Conrad, RCE, CAE, Chair
Mike Valerino, RCE, Vice Chair
Mike Cotrill, RCE
Karen Dumond, RCE
Amanda Sue Eberson
Brandy Purcell, RCE, CAE