NAR’s New Online Member Guide, 2011
The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® developed and distributed the first Member Guide to all REALTORS® in the spring of 2000. The Member Guide broke new ground because it was the first time NAR provided members with a customized resource about their REALTOR® membership. The guide included a membership card personalized with their name and NRDS number, membership benefits information, and customized messages from each member’s primary local and state REALTOR® associations.
NAR continued printing and mailing the Member Guide annually for the past decade with great success. In fact, a 2010 NAR survey indicated 74 percent of members keep their copy.
2011 marks an exciting new beginning for the NAR Member Guide. Coming this May, the guide is moving from print-and-mail to a new user-friendly digital format. The goal of the guide remains the same: to deliver an efficient, personalized experience, which defines core membership value.
The online Member Guide will keep the features that made the printed guide valuable to members and associations, and will add some new features:
- Customized. Members will receive customized information based on their NRDS ID.
- Real time. The guide will have up-to-the-minute member benefits information and news from local, state, and national.
- Comprehensive and accessible. Associations can easily log into the Web-based administration tool to upload (and update on an ongoing basis) their benefits message, education programs, and events—at no cost.
- Mobile. New iPhone and iPad apps.
- Member card. Customizable digital NAR membership card, for display on a member’s smartphone and available to print on both paper and plastic.
- Quick reference. High-level benefit information links members to REALTOR.org for more.
Take Advantage of This Free Tool and Add Your Message Today
Contribute, at no cost, your association’s logo and message of up to 1,000 characters before the Member Guide launches on May 10.
- April 25: Administration tool with instructions available to associations. Review and update your message and events at least monthly at http://MemberGuide.REALTOR.org/admin
- May 10: Online Member Guide portal at http://MemberGuide.REALTOR.org and apps available to all members. Encourage members to log in and get started with their customized guide, download the iPhone and iPad apps, and customize their card. Promotional materials, QR code, and widget available at REALTOR.org/AEMemberToolkit.
- May 11–13: Visit the NAR booth at the Midyear Trade Expo to demo uploading your association message, tour the Member Guide, and download the apps.
Working together, we communicate best and most efficiently to members—in one voice and on multiple platforms—all the benefits of membership and showcase the strength of the REALTOR® organization.