NAR Calendar of Special Events
Help NAR recognize Fair Housing Month, REALTOR® Safety Month, Designation Awareness Month, and Nationwide Open House weekend by sharing information and providing resources to members of your association.
Fair Housing Month—April
Each year in April, REALTORS® recognize the anniversary of the 1968 landmark Fair Housing Act, which prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, or handicap, and reconfirms our commitment to upholding fair housing law as well as our commitment to offering equal professional service to all in their search for real property.
To honor this month, NAR creates an original Fair Housing Month poster and provides materials such as the Fair Housing FOCUS publication for associations to hand out to members.
- Display the Fair Housing FOCUS poster in your office and/or association.
- Hand out copies of the Fair Housing FOCUS publication.
- Sponsor a local Fair Housing Month poster contest and make association calendars out of the artwork.
- Print the REALTOR® Fair Housing Declaration and post it in your office and/or association.
- Use the Fair Housing Proclamation and have your local government proclaim April as Fair Housing Month.
- Diversity Training
- What Everyone Should Know About Equal Opportunity Housing
- Talking Points: How to Talk About Fair Housing and Diverse Homeownership
- Field Guide to Fair Housing
- REALTORS® Raise Fair Housing Awareness in Local Communities
REALTOR® Safety Month—September
As part of NAR’s ongoing efforts to keep members safe, September is devoted to kicking off safety efforts and sharing the core components of REALTOR® Safety: knowledge, awareness, and empowerment. To celebrate this month, NAR offers updated online REALTOR® safety resources, including new webinars and seasonal safety tips for associations and brokers to share with members.
- Download our comprehensive REALTOR® Safety training presentation to share with your members.
- Highlight and share our REALTOR® Safety video series with your local association.
- Visit our Planning Your Safety Strategy page to help develop a strategy for your Association or office, or enhance your current programs.
- REALTOR® Safety Webinars
- REALTOR® Safety Materials
- Field Guide to REALTOR® Safety
- Visit this comprehensive page of articles, tips, and blog posts on REALTOR® Safety.
Designation Awareness Month—November
Designation Awareness Month was established in 1994 to encourage members to start or complete an officially endorsed designation or certification through NAR or one of its Institutes, Societies, and Councils. During this month, NAR has discounts for many of the online courses offered through REALTOR® University School of Professional Development & Continuing Education.
- Each year in November, NAR provides Designation Awareness Month logos to share with your local association members.
- Discounts for online courses are offered during November on REALTOR.org/education.
Nationwide Open House-- April
Every April, Realtors® across the country host the nation’s largest open house weekend by participating in the Realtor® Nationwide Open House campaign. This event brings buyers and sellers together, and is also an opportunity for Realtors® to connect with consumers in their communities about the housing issues that matter most to them.