See You at the AE Institute, San Diego!
AE Institute 2013, March 15-19, Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel
No AE should miss the AE Institute, the annual event that delivers real estate industry insights and provides a wide range of education designed to help AEs across the country better serve their members.
This year’s Institute offers new programs and a new focus on enabling AEs to craft their own Institute educational experience to meet their individual and organizational needs. The curriculum is arranged into three groupings:
“Seeing Things in New Ways” sessions focus on new observations, interpretations, and solutions for common challenges AEs face in both their professional and personal life. For example, “Six Breakthrough Ways to Think, Lead and Achieve,” will guide you through a dynamic decision-making model.
“The Shape of Things to Come” sessions take a look at what’s on the horizon for REALTOR® associations and the industry in general. Explore the output of the AEC Strategic Issues Work Group’s report, “Simplify: Real Estate Trends in a Time of Uncertainty,” and how your association can implement some of the trends identified in the report.
“The New Tools of the Trade” sessions help shape your association’s social media strategy and allow you to take technology to the next level. Gain some hands-on experience with some of the newest gadgets to help get your message out and better connect with members. For example, “Tech Tools and Toys for Girls and Boys – Implementation Session” is where you can demo new technologies and have your questions answered.
AEI’s curriculum is designed to be sampled like a dine-around or wine tasting. These sessions feature topics and speakers addressing the three greatest challenges AEs face: how to adjust what they do to deliver what members want; what’s coming next (and from where); and what tools are out there to help AEs succeed.
Whether you’re a local or state AE, a staff specialist, a seasoned AE, or someone new to the field, the 2013 AE Institute will be of value to you and your REALTOR® association management career. “To plan the best AEI ever, we used the data collected from the online surveys you completed after the 2012 AE Institute to focus on what you wanted,” says Marc Lebowitz, RCE, CAE, chair, AE Institute Subcommittee.
What’s New This Year?
You’ll notice several new AEI features immediately. “Sessions are shorter; most are 45 minutes,” says Lebowitz. “And as always, the AE Institute is a great place to jump-start the RCE designation process with the day-long RCE study session on Friday, March 15.”
You’ll still have access to AE Fundamentals courses, featuring New AE Networking Breakfast and sessions: “I’m a New AE—Now What?,” “NAR Policy 101,” “NAR Dues Policy and Dues Remittance Procedures,” and more.
The Lab Coat Geek Squad will return to teach a class at the 2013 Institute in addition to providing their “walk-up” assistance throughout the meeting.
In addition to the sessions in three tracks, many special educational and social events are planned. Preregistration or fees may apply. See full conference schedule at REALTOR.org/AEI.
Pre-Institute Events, Friday, March 15
- RCE Exam, 8 – 11:45 a.m.
- RCE Study Session, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- RCE Reception (RCE designees only), 5 p.m.
- Certified Pro. Standards Admin., 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- e-PRO Day 1, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Fee: $59
- Green 100: Real Estate for a Sustainable Future, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Fee: $59
- How to Run a Gov’t Affairs Shop of Any Size, 1 – 4 p.m.
- Speed Networking: Building Your Membership Through Small Communities, 2 – 4 p.m.
- AE Institute Welcome Lounge, 4 – 6 p.m.
Special Events During AEI
- AE Institute Orientation, Saturday, March 16, 7:30 – 8 a.m.
- Opening Session, the official kick-off to the 2013 AE Institute, Saturday, March 16, 8:15 – 9:45 a.m.
- Taste of AEI walk-around lunch, Saturday, March 16, 12 – 1:30 p.m.
- Icebreaker Reception, the official Institute welcome gala, Saturday, March 16, 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- NAR AE Forum, Sunday, March 17, 8 – 9 a.m.
- REALTOR® Party Luncheon, Sunday, March 17, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- NAR General Session featuring Juliet Funt, Monday, March 18, 8 – 9 a.m.
- NAR Update Lunch with Dale Stinton, Monday, March 18, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- RPAC Major Donors Reception, Monday, March 18, 4 – 5 p.m.
- State Night Out, self-organized state events out on the town, Monday, March 18
- Local Night In: Join other AEs with no state plans and watch a movie, Monday, March 18
- NAR Legal Update with Laurie Janik, Tuesday, March 19, 10 – 11 a.m.
- AE Institute Closing Ceremony, Tuesday, March 19, 11 – 11:15 a.m.