D. Scott Smith
Signature Series Speakers' Bureau, CCIM
Speaker fee: $3,000 plus expenses
Course length: 4 hours
D. Scott Smith has more than 14 years of leadership experience in the real estate industry. Offering a rare blend of creative and operational strengths, D. Scott Smith has achieved exciting urban economic development turnarounds and is recognized for his success in growing sales and profits.
Experienced in many facets of the real estate industry, he specializes in brokering smaller tier investments in the Mid-Atlantic area. D. Scott Smith’s exceptional track record in investment real estate is based on his philosophy of total entrepreneur engagement in change. D. Scott Smith is the past Maryland/DC CCIM Chapter President, and the immediate past Region 10 (MD/DE/DC/PA/NJ/VA) 1st VP for CCIM. He regularly represents the Institute at National Conferences in Washington, D.C. He continually promotes CCIM through universities, brokerage firms, and elsewhere throughout the industry.
D. Scott Smith’s contribution to the commercial real estate community comes in the form of education. His involvement with CCIM and NAR has allowed him to continually increase awareness about education opportunities and in turn has caused many more people to become educated in the commercial real estate arena.
D. Scott Smith is now also offering consulting services for agents, investors, and principals and is finishing a commercial real estate book. He currently lives on a farm in Maryland with his son, his better half Jenn, a Mother and Father in Law, and two dogs.
Fundamentals of Commercial Real Estate
This course tackles the fundamentals of commercial real estate. This four-hour course seeks to connect commercial members with the tools and resources they require to begin a career in commercial.
chapter topics include:
- The players in commercial real estate
- Key differences between commercial and residential
- Types of commercial real estate
- Types of commercial transactions
- Commercial contracts review
- How to market commercial real estate
- Resources for commercial real estate
- Land development
- Glossary and career development
Activate Your Social Media Strategy
This 4-6 hour course will teach commercial members how to create a social media strategy that they agents can then take home and activate! Topics covered in this interactive design course are:
- History and review of social media
- Defining your niche, brand, and your product on Web 2.0
- In-depth review of social media tools and classification systems
- Design and outline your social media strategy
- How to track social media strategy process
- Original content AND going viral
- How to autofarm your market and become and autofarmer
- Real life current case studies and Skyped-in guest speakers
- SWOT Analysis
Download Speaker Information (363 KB)