Code of Ethics Training Tips
These basics cover the logistics behind taking the online course for the Code of Ethics Training Requirement for REALTORS®:
1. Continuing education requirements: You will need to contact your state’s real estate licensing commission to determine whether or not the REALTOR.org online Code of Ethics course meets your state's Continuing Education/Licensing requirements.
2. When you have completed the REALTOR.org Code of Ethics course:
- You will find out immediately if you have passed.
- You will receive a certificate of completion within 24 hours.
- Your NRDS education record will be updated to reflect that you have successfully completed this cycle of NAR's required Code of Ethics training.
3. This course has been tested with a variety of web browsers. For best results, we recommend one of the following browsers at the specified version or higher:
- Google Chrome 18+ (Download)
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0+ (Download)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0+ (Download)
- Apple Safari 5.1.2+ (Download)
4. When registering for training, you will need to provide your first and last name or your NRDS number. If you do not know your NRDS number, you can find it:
- On your NAR Membership Card. It is the 8- or 9-digit number.
- On your REALTOR® Magazine label. It is the 8- or 9-digit number between the slashes, above your name.
- With your license number or email address.
Need more assistance? Contact Information Services at 800-874-6500.