Code of Ethics Materials for Existing Members
To assist associations of REALTORS® in helping their members meet the REALTORS® Code of Ethics Training requirement, the National Association of REALTORS® has developed the attached copyrighted training program. This program includes:
Facilitator's Guide (.DOC): Detailed information about using the course materials can be found in the "Facilitator's Guide General Instructions" of the opening pages. The Guide corresponds to, and is to be used with, the Participant's Guide and PowerPoint.
Participant's Guide (.DOC)
- PowerPoint Presentation (.PPT)
- PowerPoint Presentation (.PPTX)
The presentation can be used "as is" or modified for use with overhead projectors.
Note: Two versions of the presentation are available, one for the latest version of PowerPoint (PPTX) and the other for previous versions (PPT). If you encounter problems with one version, please try the other.
- Optional Test (.DOC) and Answers (.DOC): The REALTORS® Code of Ethics training criteria do not require a test for "live" classroom courses.
Note: These materials may be duplicated by local and state associations for their use in conducting quadrennial ethics training. Copies must include the National Association of REALTORS®' copyright.
- Commercial Case Studies: Designed specifically for commercial practitioners, use these commercial case studies in place of any case study in the training materials.
- Certificate of Completion: Sample ethics training certificates of completion to be customized by local associations.
Note: These training materials were last revised Dec. 15, 2014, to reflect changes in policy that now allow associations, at their discretion, to require mediation.
For more information, go to Ethics Training Resources.
The following information is referenced in the Facilitator's Guide and may be used to supplement the program materials.
- NAR's Code of Ethics
- The REALTOR®'s Code of Ethics - A Gift of Vision written by William D. North, can be found in NAR's Code of Ethics and Arbitration Manual.
- 1913 Code of Ethics (.DOC)
- Arbitration Guidelines (Suggested Factors for Consideration by a Hearing Panel in Arbitration) is also found in the Code of Ethics and Arbitration Manual of the National Association, to access click here
- Pathways to Professionalism
- REALTORS® Pledge of Performance and Service
- Win/Win Solution (.DOC)
- No Losers in Mediation (.DOC)
- Mediation brochure