Good communities are good business. As a commercial real estate professional, taking an active role in making a community a better place will benefit you, your public image, and your bottom line.
NAR has Community Outreach Programs available to help you and your local association get more involved in your community.
- Preserve & Expand Housing for the Workforce – Multifamily Development, Housing Fairs & Forums
- Enhance a Community’s Development & Growth – Downtown Revitalization, Smart Growth, Transit Options
- Support Housing and Land Use Regulations & Decisions – Mixed-use Zoning, Parking & Rental Housing Regulations
- Enable our members to become Leaders in the Community – Board/Commission Members, Project Partners
Programs to Consider in Your Community
- Land Use Initiative: Review of proposed land use measures that may affect your business.
- Placemaking: Transform an unused or underused property in your community to one that will increase the value of properties around it.
- Workforce Housing Forum: Every community has housing challenges that need to be addressed. Ensure your commercial needs are discussed by partnering to organize a local forum.
- Employer-Assisted Housing: The employers you work with can help their employees buy or purchase a home. You can provide information on multifamily projects available to lease or buy.
Grants & Funding
Funding is available to state and local REALTOR® associations to help plan, organize, and implement community outreach programs:
- Smart Growth Action Grant
- Housing Opportunity Grant
- Diversity Initiative Grant
- Placemaking Micro-Grant
See how other local REALTOR® associations have used a NAR Community Outreach program for commercial activities:
NAR Community Outreach Programs for Commercial Activities
View or download the Community Outreach and Commercial Real Estate brochure. If you would like printed copies to distribute at your next commercial firm or board meeting, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Placemaking Webinars Series
REALTOR® Action Center's Placemaking Webinars Series features placemaking specialists and REALTORS® involved in placemaking providing additional guidance to help you implement an activity in your community. Register for an upcoming webinar or listen to the recorded version of previous webinars.