Discovering Commercial Real Estate
This course offers a broad overview of the basics of commercial real estate and how it differs from residential real estate. Students will be able to distinguish and understand the broker's role and discover the different types of commercial properties, terms, valuation methods, marketing and resources for further education.
While it will not equip an agent with the needed tools to practice commercial real estate, it will explain the business and introduce many of the resources needed to pursue a commercial transaction or a career in commercial real estate.
This is an ideal introductory course for those who are newly licensed and/or residential agents who want to learn more about commercial real estate.
What You Will Learn in the Discovering Commercial Real Estate Course
- The duties of professionals who assist in commercial transactions
- The key differences between commercial and residential real estate
- Types of commercial real estate (Office, Retail, Industrial and Land)
- Types of commercial transactions
- Commercial contracts
- Resources that NAR's Commercial Department and its affiliates provide
For more information, download the DCRE Fact Sheet. (PDF: 90KB)