|REALTORS® GOT TALENT GUIDELINES
Have you got musical talent? Enter the season four of the REALTORS® Got Talent Contest, and you could be performing for 5,000 REALTORS® and guests in San Francisco in November!
A panel of judges and members of the audience will vote for a winner. The winner will receive $2,000 cash, or a donation in the same amount to their favorite charity. Second and third place finalists will each receive $500. All six finalists receive complimentary Premier Access registrations to the 2013 REALTORS® Conference & Expo (a $400 value). If the finalist has already registered for the event, they will receive a refund of their registration fee.
Click here to review contest Rules and Regulations.
If Selected as a Finalist:
Here’s How to Enter
- You will be notified on or about September 16, 2013.
- You must agree to be in San Francisco on Saturday, November 9 for rehearsal and Sunday, November 10 for your live performance. Each finalist agrees to perform for an audience of approximately 5,000 between 7:30pm and 8:30pm on Sunday, November 10 in San Francisco.
- At the show, the live performance will be evaluated by a panel of judges who will rate each performance on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest score. However, it is the audience who will determine the winner. At the conclusion of the performances of all six finalists, the audience will be asked to text their vote for best performance. The winner will be announced immediately upon conclusion of the voting period.
NAR is now accepting video auditions of singers and/or musicians to perform in the REALTORS® Got Talent Show. All video auditions must be accompanied by an online entry form. Auditions and entry forms must be received by Friday, August 30, 2013, 5:00pm Central Time.
Three Tips for a Good Video Audition
Video Submission Guidelines
- Musical talents. We accept a wide range of musical talents but keep in mind there is limited space on the stage. Performances may include singing a cappella or to recorded music, or playing an instrument that can be carried on/off stage by the performer. Please note: It's necessary to limit the type of performances because of the small stage space available at the event. We regret that we cannot accommodate any type of piano on the stage, with the exception of an electric piano with weighted keys. We will accept submissions from groups; however, at least one member of the group must qualify under the Rules and Regulations.
- Song choice. Choose a song that fits your musical talent, performance range and personal style. We recommend selecting a song that is upbeat and familiar to a general audience. Original songs are permitted but often the audience will respond better to a song that they already know. Keep in mind that the song performed in your audition will be the same song you perform live in November!
- Video presentation. Start your video with a brief introduction with your name, company, city and state. Make sure we can see you and hear you clearly in the video. Keep it simple - we will accept copies of professionally-taped performances but we will also accept auditions from your living room or home office. Videos should not exceed more than five minutes in length.
- Original Content: Your video must be original, must not have been published, broadcast, or otherwise publicly distributed previously, and must not infringe on any third-party rights. NAR does have Licensing Agreements with BMI and ASCAP for recorded music at the event.
- Video submissions should be first uploaded to YouTube and set to the “unlisted” setting. An “unlisted video” means that only people who know the link to the video can view it. An unlisted video will not appear in any of YouTube’s public spaces (such as search results, your channel, or the Brose page). For a brief tutorial on how to upload a video to YouTube and set it as “unlisted”, click here.
- Once you have uploaded your video to YouTube, fill out the online entry form, where you will provide your contact information and your unlisted YouTube URL.
- We will also accept copies of video auditions on DVD. DVDs must be formatted to work on PC computers. Acceptable Video Formats include: .AVI, .MPEG2, .MPEG4 (aka .MOV), Quicktime, .WMV, .3GP, .DV, and h.264. DVDs can be sent to: REALTORS® Got Talent Contest, 430 N. Michigan Ave., 9th Floor, Chicago, IL 60611.
- All entries must be received no later than Friday, August 30, 2013, 5:00pm Central Time.