|REALTORS® GOT TALENT RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Disclosure; Contest PeriodThe 2015 REALTORS® Got Talent Show is sponsored by the National Association of REALTORS® (Sponsor). Entries will be accepted starting Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 12:00pm Central Time until Friday, August 28, 2015, 5:00pm Central Time.
2. EligibilityVoid where prohibited by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations in the United States. Employees and independent contractors of Sponsor, and any other individual or entity involved in the development, promotion, or execution of the Contest, including but not limited to NAR elected officers and the 2015 Meetings & Conference Committee, and the immediate family members and/or household members of each are not eligible.
To enter you must be a member of the National Association of REALTORS® or a state or local REALTOR® Association staff member or an International attendee, and agree to be in San Diego, California on Saturday, November 14, 2015, and Sunday, November 15, 2015, at your own expense if selected as a finalist. No other donation or purchase of any kind is necessary to win or to affect your chances of winning.
Musical groups are permitted to enter the contest. However, at least one of the group members must be a member of the National Association of REALTORS® or a state or local REALTOR® Association staff member or an International attendee. All group members must agree to be in San Diego, California on Saturday, November 14, 2015, and Sunday, November 15, 2015, at their own expense if selected as finalists.
First place winners from previous REALTORS® Got Talent competitions are not eligible to enter again, but runners up contestants and finalists are eligible to enter again.
3. To EnterEnter by completing all parts of the REALTORS® Got Talent official entry form and submitting a video audition to YouTube. Video submissions must have one full song performed. Entries must contain your first name, last name, association name, city, state, email address, and a contact phone number. You must also identify all individuals who appear in the video. Entry of a video constitutes your certification that you are (i) the owner of the video, (ii) able and authorized to submit it, and (iii) have received the consent of anyone pictured. No entries will be returned.
4. Contest Judging; Winner Notification; PrizesA panel of judges will review entries and select up to six finalists based on originality, talent, charisma, and overall appeal. All decisions of the panel are final.
In San Diego, the live performances will be evaluated by a panel of judges who will rate each performance. However, it is the audience who will determine the winner. At the conclusion of the performances of all finalists, the audience will be asked to text their vote for best performance. The winner will be announced immediately upon conclusion of the voting period.
All Finalists will receive a complimentary Premier Access Registration to the 2015 REALTORS® Conference & Expo ($400 value). If a Finalist has already registered and paid for the 2015 REALTORS® Conference & Expo, that Finalist will receive a refund of their registration fee. The winner of the REALTORS® Got Talent contest will be awarded at the winner’s option either a cash prize of two thousand dollars ($2,000) or a donation in the same amount to a 501(c)(3) charity designated by the winner. The other finalists will each be awarded one cash prize of five hundred dollars ($500).
If the finalist is a musical group, only one cash prize per finalist/group will be awarded and only one complimentary Premier Access Registration to the 2015 REALTORS® Conference & Expo will be made available per finalist/group.
5. Finalist Notification/Prize ClaimsFinalists will be selected on or about September 11, 2015, and will be notified on or about September 18, 2015. In the event that a Finalist is unable or unwilling to perform in San Diego on November 15, an alternate Finalist will be selected. Finalists will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, and, where legal, a Publicity Release, all of which must be returned within 30 days of attempted notification or an alternate Finalist will be selected and substituted for any who do not complete this requirement.
6. Prize RestrictionsThe Prize for the winner will be awarded as either a cash payment to the winner or a donation to a charity of the winner’s choice. No substitution of Prizes is permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Any federal, state, or local taxes on Prizes and any expenses related to the acceptance and/or use of the Prizes not specified herein as being awarded are the responsibility of the Winner/Finalists.
7. Authorization and ReleaseBy submitting your video, you consent to Sponsor’s use or non-use of the video, and of your name, likeness, voice, and/or biographical information for promotions and marketing for current and future REALTORS® Got Talent contests and REALTORS® Conference & Expos, and other purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. You also give Sponsor an irrevocable license to use, publish, edit, adapt, and/or modify your video in any way and in any and all media now known of hereafter invented worldwide, without limitation or compensation to you and agree that the video will not be distributed or broadcast or used other than in connection with the Contest until at least three months after the 2015 REALTORS® Conference & Expo (exclusivity period). Sponsor may use or not use your video submission in its sole discretion and judgment. Winning does not in any way guarantee Sponsor’s use of the video submission. By submitting your video, you agree to release, and to indemnify, save and hold harmless, Sponsor and its members, officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, affiliates, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest, or the receipt, redemption, or use of any prize, including any injuries or damages of any kind sustained in connection with the use, acceptance, possession or awarding of any prize.
8. Limitation of LiabilitySponsor is not responsible for printing, typographical, human, or other errors of any kind in any contest-related materials or for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, or illegible entries. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Contest without further obligation. In such an event, Sponsor may, but shall have no obligation, to award a Prize from among all valid and eligible entries received prior to such action. The Contest is governed by laws of the State of Illinois for the resolution of all claims and disputes (excluding any claims against or disputes involving parties other than NAR relating to any prize awarded in the contest).
9. List of Finalists/WinnerTo receive a list of the Finalists, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to "2015 REALTORS® Got Talent Contest," National Association of REALTORS®, 430 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60611. Requests must be received by December 31, 2015. The Winners' names will be sent when all of the entries have been judged and the Finalists have been verified.
10. RulesAll decisions of the judges regarding the application or interpretation of these rules shall be final.