At Home With Diversity® is an educational experience designed to present a picture of the changing face of the real estate industry. More importantly, the class teaches REALTORS® how to work effectively with — and within — a rapidly changing multicultural market.
Since its inception in 1998, At Home with Diversity® has addressed the topics of diversity, fair housing and business planning development in a full-day core course for the At Home With Diversity® certification.
- Why take the class?— Learn how At Home with Diversity® certification is good for business!
- NAR's At Home With Diversity online class/certification has been approved for continuing education credit in over 35 states.
- What you will learn in the At Home with Diversity® Course
- See the course schedule
- Take the course online at REALTOR® University — A great option if time is limited or there's no class offered near you!
Earn the Certification
Do you want to connect with home buyers and sellers to earn more business? Knowing how to transact business in culturally competent ways can make the difference. Learn about do's and don'ts, fair housing, and other topics that will help you maximize your earning potential. You'll be able to apply what you learn to a business plan that you can use after you complete the in-person or online course.
- Applicants must be members in good standing of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®.
- Applicants must successfully complete the At Home With Diversity® course.
- Applicants must agree to the At Home With Diversity® Affidavit and License Agreement.
- Complete application form.
- Pay application fee.
Sponsor the Course
Government and industry data indicate that two out of every three households in the United States are being formed by foreign-born or minority residents. At Home with Diversity course sponsors know it's good business for all real estate professionals to develop the skills necessary to reach and serve these growing markets.
- Promote the class to students with this flyer (PDF: 1.17MB), or create your own promotional materials with this information
- Sponsor agreement and application
- Timed outline — Use this information if your state requires it in applications for continuing education (CE) credit.
- Logos — Add a logo to your Web site or literature to show you offer the At Home with Diversity® course
Teach the Course
Only certified instructors can teach the At Home With Diversity® course. As an instructor, you'll work closely with the course sponsor. Learn how to become a certified instructor and what your specific responsibilities will be when you facilitate the At Home With Diversity® course.
- Become an At Home With Diversity® instructor — Find out how to become an approved instructor.