Who is it for?
Certified Property Managers® (CPM®) are recognized as experts in real estate management, and they are at the top of the profession. 70% of those who hold the CPM® designation hold the highest management positions in their offices (owner/partner/officer/director).
What You Gain
- Recognition that you are an expert in the field of real estate management
- A subscription to the bi-monthly Journal of Property Management (JPM®)
- Discounts to professional development online courses
- 50% off Income/Expense Analysis® Reports and Income/Expense Online Labs
- Online Resources
- Skill Builders tutorials
- Discounts on all IREM publications
- Online access to shared interest communities, to facilitate networking
- Membership in your local IREM chapter
- Access to the online IREM Career Center
- Leadership opportunities at the national and chapter levels
- Participation in conferences
- Resources for and tips on promoting your CPM® credentials
- The support of IREM’s public policy advocacy efforts
- Listing in the online IREM member directory
- Eligibility for the Professional Achievement Award
- Access to the IREM Foundation Scholarship Program
How to Earn It
- Complete the ethics course.
Complete one of four options:
- Complete seven required courses
Designations Fast Track
- Hold a CCIM, CSM, PCAM, or RPA designation and submit the fast track approval fee
Real Estate Degree Fast Track
- Hold an undergraduate or graduate degree with a major, minor or concentration in real estate property management and submit the fast track approval fee
Professional Experience Fast Track
- Have 20 years of qualifying professional experience and submit the fast track approval fee
- Pass the CPM® certification exam.
- Pass the ethics course exam and pledge to uphold the IREM Code of Professional Ethics.
- Pass a management plan on either an actual property (MPIND) or a skills assessment (MPSA).
- Three years (36 months) of qualifying real estate management experience as defined by IREM
- Fulfill a one-year candidacy period by being a CPM® Candidate Member, ARM Member, or ACoM member in good standing for the 12 months prior to CPM® approval
- Membership in good standing of NAR
- Hold a real estate license or verify that you are not required to hold one for your current position
- Attend two IREM chapter meetings or events during the 12 months immediately prior to CPM® approval
- Be interviewed and approved by your IREM chapter
Letters of Recommendation
- Submit three confidential letters of recommendation at the time of candidacy approval
- Cost of courses, if you are not in the Fast Track Program
Fast Track approval fee
- $630 (not required if you are not in the Fast Track Program)
National annual dues
Chapter annual dues
- Varies by chapter
For more information, visit the IREM website.