Who is it for?
NAR's Green Designation is designed for agents looking to learn about issues of energy efficiency and sustainability in real estate.
What You Gain
- Listing in the online Green directory
- Customizable PowerPoint presentations
- Exclusive Industry Webinars
- The Green Resource Council’s electronic monthly newsletter
Promotional tools including:
- Logos for print media and member Web sites
- Postcard options
- Marketing brochures for consumers and builders
- Personalized press releases on a variety of topics
- Access to a web-based print shop that allows designees to customize marketing pieces for the designation and have them printed on eco-friendly paper and sent directly to clients.
- Membership in the Green Resource Council online community
- Toolkits, guides, and other resources available through the members-only section of the Green Resource Council web site.
How to Earn It
Complete three courses, available online* or in a classroom setting:
- Green 100: Real Estate for a Sustainable Future – Awareness and Comprehension
- Green 200: The Science of Green Building – Research and Insight
- Green 300: Greening Your Real Estate Business – Application Skills
- You must pass an exam after each course with a score of 80% or better.
- Member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS®
- Submit application form after completing the three required classes and their accompanying exams.
- First year free, $98.50 per year after that
For more information, visit the Green REsource Council web site.
*Course discount available through the REALTOR Benefits® Program.