At the close of 2011 Realtor.com launched a new global site featuring international listings, translation services in 11 languages, and currency & unit conversion features. In the short amount of time since the site launched, there are more than 4 million active listings already on the site, including over 1.4 million International listings. Realtor.com® International increases the exposure of agents' listings currently on REALTOR.com® to global buyers and strengthens the site's presence in international markets. NAR continues to work with its global partners to aggregate non-U.S. listings, and in the coming months additional countries will be featured. Most recently, listings from India have been added to the site via our data content provider partner, RE/MAX India.
Site Developer Eleonore Rojas provides an overview of the Realtor.com® International website.
Realtor.com® International Highlights
- All for-sale and rental listings on REALTOR.com® will be displayed on the International site.
- Consumers will be able to search listings in the following 11 languages: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Dutch, Chinese, Russian, Korean, and Japanese.
- Visitors' language, measurement, and currency preferences can be saved as a default to facilitate future visits.
- Visitors will have a choice to search by city name or map search, using a drill-down feature to select a geographical region—no longer will a visitor need to know the distinctions between Hoboken, N.J., and New York City to get the results he/she seeks.
Most-Searched U.S. Markets on Realtor.com
- Interested in learning which U.S. markets are most searched by global buyers on Realtor.com®? View the stats.
What Realtor.com® International means for U.S. REALTORS® and U.S. buyers
- True global exposure—The launch of the global site increases the visibility of the site around the world and allows the millions of Americans buying abroad to view property listings in the familiar REALTOR.com® format.
- Customized experience—buyers from all over the world will be able to view properties in their preferred format—language, currency, and units of measurement.
What Realtor.com® International means for non-U.S. real estate agents and buyers
- For the first time, property listings from outside the U.S. will be available on REALTOR.com®, providing more opportunities for global business than ever before.
- Listings from various locations around the world will be available in eight languages, with area and currency conversion features to make browsing easier for consumers no matter where they reside.
- NAR is currently working with its international partners to aggregate non-US listings at no charge. For information on becoming a data content provider, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Utilize Realtor.com® International's Enhanced Features to Market Your Listings
Take advantage of Realtor.com® International and begin marketing to non-English speaking buyers.
- The site offers the option of creating translated listing brochures that you can promote via e-mail and/or social media outlets.
- Visit www.marketing.Realtor.com/ListingPresentation to get your free REALTOR.com® 2012 Listing Presentation. Show sellers why online marketing is important and how to expose their homes to more domestic and international buyers with a complete online marketing strategy.