Reports to Public Policy Coordinating Committee
To identify, monitor and recommend positions of legislative, regulatory, and judicial issues that affect the operations of REALTOR® businesses and the ability of NAR to meet REALTOR® needs (i.e., RESPA, mandated health benefits, telecommunications, telemarketing, association volunteer liability, appraisal, bankruptcy, international real estate, and military base closings) and to recommend judicial, legislative, or regulatory strategies in furtherance of those positions.
38 members as follows: Chair, Vice Chair and Immediate Past Chair; one representative from each of the affiliates; and 27 at-large members (two of which must be Local Board or State Association Executives) drawn from NAR and its affiliates, who have a strong interest in issues which affect member business operations.
Terms of service
Qualification(s) for consideration
• Five years experience on an NAR committee.
• Seven years experience as a broker owner.
• Understanding of business operations of real estate firms.
• Experience on a Business Issues Policy Committee at the local or state level.
• Knowledge of telecommunications and/or information systems.
• Involvement in other business-related trade associations (National Federation of Independent Business, Chamber of Commerce, etc.).
• Experience as a real estate firm manager.