Committee Selection Timeline
*Dates subject to change*
March 1, 2016
Instruction documents about the application and selection process are available here.
March 7–23, 2016
- Committee application website opens on March 7.
- Members complete their Expertise Profiles.
- Members submit separate committee applications for up to five (5) committees, and seek endorsements.
- Members and staff submit endorsements for applicants.
- State AEs recommend members for their state representative positions on committees.
- Institute, Societies, and Councils (ISC) EVPs recommend members for their ISC representative positions on committees.
May 14, 2016
NAR Committee Structure for 2017 voted on by the Board of Directors at the REALTORS® Legislative Conference.
May 23, 2016
DEADLINE: Committee application website closes.
May 30 – June 6, 2016
State Associations review and rank all committee applications for members within their state.
June 6, 2016
DEADLINE: State Associations review and ranking period closes.
- NAR committee chair and vice chair appointments for 2017 finalized.
- Committee appointment letters for chairs and vice chairs are mailed.
- NAR Committee Leadership list posted here.
September 12–19, 2016
State Associations AEs and ISCs EVPs review the preliminary committee rosters with appointments for all member within their organization.
September 19, 2016
DEADLINE: State associations and ISCs feedback due.
September 30, 2016
REALTOR® Party Committee appointment letters are emailed to members.
October 14, 2016
- Non-REALTOR® Party Committee appointment letters are emailed to members.
- NAR committee rosters are posted here.
November 28 – 30, 2016
REALTOR® Party Training Conference - San Francisco, California.
May 9–14, 2017
REALTORS® Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo - Washington, D.C.
November 2–7, 2017
REALTORS® Conference & Expo - Chicago, Illinois.
Download this timeline (PDF: 208 KB)