To provide member input into the program development and promotion of Association meetings and conferences in order to present innovative programming and exciting events for REALTORS® that encourage participation by brokers and agents, both seasoned and new to the industry; to determine the scope and develop timely issue-focused programs for attendees of the Midyear Meetings as appropriate; and to determine policies that ensure continuity of standards of professional excellence and the integrity of the Association in the hospitality industry. Committee members will be asked to host and/or moderate education sessions as appropriate. It is highly recommended that topics to be addressed in the educational sessions may include but not limited to diversity (to provide for discussion regarding fair housing, cultural diversity and diversity in leadership; to present fair housing information and training; to share ideas and innovative approaches to fair housing, cultural diversity and diversity in leadership; and to receive equal opportunity concerns and suggestions which will be referred to the Diversity Committee and/or staff for consideration and response), business specialties, global interest, regulatory issues, and sales/marketing.
Note: The regional representatives’ primary focus is conference planning while the topic/education experts’ primary function is educational session planning.
At least 25 members as follows: Two Co-Chairs, a vice-Chair, two Immediate Past Chairs, one State Executive Officer, one Board Executive Officer, one Professional Development Committee member, one member from each of the 13 regions, five at-large members, the Young Professionals Network Advisory Subcommittee Event/Sponsorship Representative, and at least 11 members with expertise in various real estate specialties that may include, but are not limited to: Business Specialties (Business Brokerage, Land Brokerage, Auctions, etc.), Commercial, Diversity, Global, Land Use/Environmental/Property Rights, Resort, Technology, and Sales/Marketing.
Terms of service
• Co-Chairs: one-year term.
• Vice Chair: one-year term.
• Immediate Past Chairs: one-year term.
• Professional Development Committee member one-year term (concurrent with appointment).
• Regional Representatives, Specialty/Topic Experts, Young Professionals Advisory Board Representative and At-large Members, Local Board and State Association Executives: two-year staggered terms.
Qualification(s) for consideration
• One from the state hosting that year’s Conference & Expo.
• One at-large member who has served on the Meetings & Conference Committee in the previous year.
Regional Representatives and At-Large Members:
• Have attended the last five annual conferences.
• Have been actively involved in NAR committees for the past five years.
• Hold an affiliate designation (preferred).
• Committee members should represent as much diversity in age, gender, ethnicity, geography and expertise as possible to develop programs of interest to a diverse membership.