State and Local Initiatives Fund
The State and Local Initiatives Fund, launched in 2006, provides seed money to grow state and local REALTORS®’ housing opportunity program efforts. The two annual funding cycles occur in April and October. In 2006, the Fund provided a total of $78,000 to 27 programs.
What is Funded?
Grants of up to $4,000 fund programs that support the mission of the National Association of REALTORS® Housing Opportunity Program – to position, educate, and assist REALTORS® as leaders in creating housing opportunities.
- Funds must be used within one year of receipt or returned to NAR.
- Grant recipients will be required to complete a post-grant self evaluation within one year of receipt of funds.
State and Local Initiatives Fund Recipients -- April 2006
State and Local Initiatives Fund Recipients -- October 2006
What is Not Funded?
- Grants cannot be used to fund projects that have been completed prior to the selection process.
- Associations that have received money from the State and Local Initiatives Fund cannot reapply for funding for the same program for which the award was given. However, the association can apply for funding for a new program.
The Review Committee is Looking for:
- How well the program or activity supports the goals of the Housing Opportunity Strategic Plan (as outlined on the grant application).
- The level of commitment of the REALTOR® association to the program, in terms of financial contribution as well as staff and volunteer time.
- Innovative programs that seek to create and expand housing opportunities using a creative approach.
How to Apply:
There will be two funding cycles in 2007. The application deadlines are April 13, and October 5, 2007. Applications should be completed and signed by the executive from the state or local association requesting the funding.
A review committee of NAR staff and leadership will evaluate the applications and determine which associations will receive funding. Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision approximately one month after the application deadline.
For more information, contact:
Housing Initiatives Representative,
Housing Opportunity Program
500 New Jersey Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001
|Components of NAR's Housing Opportunity Program|