Risk Management Forms and Documents for Brokerages
The Risk Management Committee has created these documents for use by brokerages in their efforts to manage legal risks. All of the documents are available for member firms to download and reformat as needed for their firm, including branding with their firm logo.
- Antitrust Risk Management Tool for Real Estate Brokerages
- Mortgage Fraud: Recognizing the Signs
- Associations and Social Media: Managing the Risks and Liabilities
- Protecting Listings from Rental Scams (video)
- Disclosing Flood Insurance Requirements (video)
- NAR's Internet Advertising Policy
- Consumer Guide to Insurance Hurdles in Real Estate Transactions
- Real Estate E&O Insurance: Understanding the Basics
- The Short Sale Workflow
A real estate broker who becomes an agent of a seller or buyer, either intentionally through the execution of a written agreement, or unintentionally by a course of conduct, will be deemed to be a fiduciary. Read and download NAR's handout on the subject of fiduciary duty.Back to top
Victor O. Schinnerer & Company, Inc., has compiled stories from the real estate trenches that illustrate how errors and omissions insurance can protect a real estate professional who might be "caught in the crossfire."
- Pregnant? You're Fired!
- Get Your Facts Straight
- If You Play With Fire
- Wait Until It's Done
- I Forwarded It Already
- Did Someone Say Sinkhole?
- Signed, Sealed, Defaulted
- Disclose the History
These articles are not the product of the National Association of REALTORS®, and may not reflect NAR's viewpoint or position on these topics and NAR does not verify the accuracy of the content.
Information and risk management ideas for real estate professionals.
- Spring 2014: Fiduciary Duties of Real Estate Professionals
- Winter 2013: Considerations for Handling Multiple Offers
- Fall 2013: Pitfalls for Real Estate Agents in the Electronic Age
Back to top
See also: Realtor.org Topics: Risk Management