The 2013 Member Orientation & Communications Toolkit was mailed to all State and Local Association Executives earlier this year.
The kit includes helpful tools to welcome our new members into the REALTOR® family, which are also provided here for your convenience. We encourage you to emphasize how each new member plays an important role in the industry as you introduce them to the many benefits they receive from their local, state, and national associations.
- To supplement your orientation, the NAR 2013 New Member Orientation Video (20 minutes) covers valuable information to help new members realize their full benefits of membership from NAR. This video can also be viewed at YouTube or you can download it.
- The new video “A Pathway to Professional Conduct: Respect Starts Here.” Based on Association feedback, NAR created the video (also available at YouTube or to download) for Associations to share with members on how to conduct themselves professionally while showing respect for property, the public and peers. A companion Professionalism brochure is available for purchase in the REALTOR® Store in packs of 100.
- Program Information. These files and videos can be used to help members understand all the valuable resources available to them as a member of the National Association of REALTORS®.
- Residential and Commercial REALTOR® pins should be distributed to new members during orientation. The quantity of pins you received was determined by the average number of new members who joined your association over the last two years. Learn more, or order additional REALTOR® pins.
- The NAR Member Center delivers an efficient, personalized experience for members to access their benefits. The Member Center continues to deliver benefits and resources from all three levels of the REALTOR® organization, meaning your association has the ability to communicate your member benefits and upcoming events as often as you choose. Participate and update your information today.
Coming By Year End: NAR Online Orientation National Module for Association Use
In an ongoing effort to provide Associations with the tools and resources they need to welcome new members into the REALTOR® family, and at the direction of the AEC Online Orientation Work Group, NAR is developing an online new member orientation course module for use by Associations. Scheduled to be available in late 2013, NAR has negotiated preferred pricing with Learning Library Inc. (LLI) for Associations that wish to offer this national online orientation module to their new members. Preferred pricing has been negotiated for those Associations that also wish to develop their own local/state orientation modules for use along with the national module. Contact Kim DiGangi (email@example.com) for additional information.
Download the online orientation course fact sheet (DOC: 1.5 MB)