Are you looking for assistance developing an employee manual? Well NAR has what you need.
Note: This employee manual is not intended to be used as a policy manual for independent contractors.
This sample customizable employee manual is available to you in downloadable MS Word format. Manual includes policies on:
Employment (Including Equal Opportunity and Job Posting Issues)
An employee acknowledgement form is also included to verify that your employees have read and understood the policies.
Sections noted in BOLD can be modified to address your association’s specific policies.
Prior to distributing the manual to your staff it is imperative that you:
Back to Top
- Review the manual in its entirety
- Once you've approved the revisions, forward the manual on to your attorney to ensure it complies with state law.
- Provide all of your staff with a copy of the manual - it may be helpful to conduct a staff meeting to answer any questions/points of clarification that they may have, a Handbook Acknowledgement form is included at the end of the handbook. Ask every employee to read the handbook, sign and return the acknowledgement form to you.
- Place a copy of the acknowledgement form in the employee's file.
- Provide all new employees with a copy of the handbook and be sure to obtain the handbook acknowledgement form and place the acknowledgement form in the employee's file.