Note: This employee manual is not intended to be used as a policy manual for independent contractors.
Are you looking for assistance in developing an employee manual? NAR has a sample manual for you to tailor for your employees! Policies addressed include, but are not limited to:
Alcohol & drug abuse
Technology and social media
The Manual is created in MS Word so that you can replace your information with the highlighted red text. We strongly recommend that you send your completed manual to your legal counsel for review to ensure it complies with state law.
This sample customizable employee manual is available to you in downloadable MS Word format. Manual includes policies on:
An employee acknowledgement form is also included to verify that your employees have read and understood the policies.
Sections noted in RED can be modified to address your brokerage’s specific policies.
- Review the manual in its entirety
- Once you've approved the revisions, forward the manual on to your attorney to ensure it complies with state law.
- Provide all of your staff with a copy of the manual - it may be helpful to conduct a staff meeting to answer any questions/points of clarification that they may have, a Handbook Acknowledgement form is included at the end of the handbook. Ask every employee to read the handbook, sign and return the acknowledgement form to you.
- Place a copy of the acknowledgement form in the employee's file.
- Provide all new employees with a copy of the handbook and be sure to obtain the handbook acknowledgement form and place the acknowledgement form in the employee's file.
Provide all new employees with a copy of the handbook and be sure to obtain the handbook acknowledgement form and place the acknowledgement form in the employee's file. Back to Top