HUD is proposing a new rule that would allow it to track diversity in neighborhoods across the country and require municipalities to fix discrimination issues. But critics say it goes too far.
Fair Housing Month
April is Fair Housing Month
April 2013 marks the 45th anniversary of the 1968 landmark Fair Housing Act. Each year REALTORS® recognize the significance of this event and reconfirm our commitment to upholding fair housing law as well as our commitment to offering equal professional service to all in their search for real property.
Here are some things you and your REALTOR® association can do to recognize Fair Housing Month:
- Sponsor a local Fair Housing Month poster contest. Afterward, make association calendars out of the artwork.
- Publish the REALTOR® Fair Housing Declaration and post it in your office and/or association.
- Use the Fair Housing Proclamation and have your local government proclaim April as Fair Housing Month.
- Display the 2013 Fair Housing FOCUS poster in your office and/or association.
- Distribute the 2013 April Fair Housing Focus Publication.