Housing Opportunity Program
REALTORS® are ideally situated to improve housing opportunities where they live. They are the first stop for the prospective home buyer or renter. Accordingly, REALTORS® can reach out – through personal involvement in their own communities – to those who need greater access to quality, affordable home ownership and rental opportunities.
NAR's Housing Opportunity Program was created in 2002 with the vision of positioning, educating and assisting REALTORS® to create housing opportunities for all. The Housing Opportunity Program offers programs, grants, trainings, and resources that help REALTORS® and REALTOR® associations expand housing availability and insure an adequate supply of rental housing and home ownership opportunities in their communities.
- Attend an Employer-Assisted Housing or Expanding Housing Opportunities class.
- Become an EHO or EAH class instructor.
- Apply for Funding to Support a Housing Program
- Sponsor an Employer-Assisted Housing or an Expanding Housing Opportunities Class
- Become involved with Workforce Housing
- Join the Workforce Housing Online Community
Associations Putting Ideas Into Action
Find out how some REALTOR® associations are putting NAR housing opportunity grants, classes, and resources to work in their communities by watching the video success story below.