NEW! Level I Diversity and Fair Housing Educational Grant
NAR recognizes the need for quick turnaround on grants needed for diversity and Fair Housing educational purposes and thus is now making grants of up to $1,000 available to state and local REALTOR® associations to support educational activities designed to increase member knowledge of diversity and Fair Housing issues. The application can be found HERE. The program is funded to support 20 grants per year and grants are considered on a first come-first served basis. Acceptance or denial of grant applications will be determined within one week of submittal.
As part of its Leading With Diversity Program, NAR offers four opportunities to apply for Diversity Inititiave Grants each year.
For 2014, the application deadlines are January 31, April 30, July 31, and October 15. The decisions will be made approximately one month after each deadline.
Local and state associations can apply for financial support for programs and activities that position REALTORS® as leaders in our increasingly diverse communities. The Diversity Committee believes that providing resources to state and local associations is a key strategy in NAR's overall diversity program. Applications should support the strategies outlined in NAR’s Diversity and Fair Housing and Cultural Diversity Strategic Plan. The application review panel is made up of members of the Diversity Committee.
The Review Panel looks for:
- Applications that are partly funded by the state or local association applying for assistance.
- Cooperation between the state and local association.
- Applications demonstrating cooperation with other organizations.
- Projects which are new for the association rather than simply funding an ongoing or existing activity. A significant enhancement to an existing or repeating project meets this criterion.
- Projects that seek to enhance diversity in the leadership ranks of the association.
The application requires:
- A clear statement of purpose.
- A summary of expected outcomes.
- An itemized budget.
The grant program requires that:
- Funds be used within one year of receipt or returned to NAR.
- NAR conduct a brief evaluation after your program. Your association will be ineligible for future grants if the evaluation form is not returned.
The grant program allows that:
- If your project was denied funding in a previous round, you can apply again. Please contact Hugh Morris for guidance, see below for contact information.
- If your association previously received a Diversity Initiative Grant, you may apply again to do a different project.
Grants cannot fund:
- Calendars that promote diversity.
- Scholarships to real estate licensing school.
- Post-licensing business start-up costs.
- NAR courses, such as At Home with Diversity.
- Habitat for Humanity houses or similar projects.
- Projects that will have happened prior to the selection process.
- The maximum amount available for any one association is $5,000 per grant cycle.
- Grant Application Form
- NAR Diversity Strategic Plan
- Previous Diversity Grant Recipients (Chronological sort / State sort)
- Examples of Successful Grant applications
Send your questions and completed applications to (e-mail preferred):
National Association of REALTORS®
500 New Jersey Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001