Relief for Victims of Hurricane Sandy
In October 2012, Hurricane Sandy affected 24 states, including the entire eastern seaboard from Florida to Maine. A voluntary cooperative effort with the New Jersey and New York state associations provided mortgage and temporary rental assistance to victims of the storm. A total of $919,300 in financial assistance grants for this purpose was distributed to 666 families.
Relief for Victims of Storms Irene and Lee
In late summer 2011, Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee wreaked havoc on the East Coast. To provide housing assistance to storm victims, the REALTORS® Relief Foundation (RRF) partnered with four state associations—New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, and Vermont—to collect and distribute funds for assistance.
Relief for Tornado Victims
In April 2011, deadly tornadoes ripped through Missouri, Alabama, and other states resulting in widespread devastation. Hundreds lost their lives and thousands were left without homes. NAR’s REALTORS® Relief Foundation and the Alabama REALTOR® Disaster Relief Fund provided aid to over 150 families during the rebuilding efforts.
Local Relief Efforts
Several state and local REALTOR® associations have set up their own relief funds. If you would like to make a donation to a specific community, visit one of these sites for information:
- Alabama REALTOR® Disaster Relief Fund
- Colorado Association of REALTORS® Disaster Relief Efforts
- Connecticut Association of REALTORS® Foundation, Inc.
- Illinois REALTORS® Storm Relief
- Missouri Association of REALTORS®
- Massachusetts Association of REALTORS® Charitable Foundation
- REALTOR® Association of Pioneer Valley Tornado Relief (Facebook)
- Texas REALTORS® Relief Fund