Summer 2012: Communities for All Generations
Housing and community choices are being made by two major demographic groups - Baby Boomers and Millennials. This issue discusses the housing, community and transportation choices that will be made by these groups as well as those of Generation X. The best community is one that works for people of all ages.
Table of Contents:
- Smart Growth for All Ages
- Housing for the Generations
- The Boomer Effect: New retirees are driving the demand for active retirement opportunities
- Cohousing: Sharing Space: From collaborative decision making to neighbors who truly care, cohousing is emerging as a viable living arrangement for aging adults.
- Aging Places: How Some Local Communities Are Preparing for a Surging Population of Seniors
- Senior Transportation Choices: Crucial for Independence
- How Millennials Move: The Car-Less Trends
- The Gen X Factor: Suburban Choices are Plentiful for the Smallest Generation
- Calling All Millennials...Urban Areas Lure Gen Y with Placemaking Programs
- Building a New Suburbia for All Generations
- Active Living: Smart Growth Communities Are Good for Your Physical and Mental Health
- REALTORS® Take Action: Making Smart Growth Happen
- REALTORS® Take Action: Nashville REALTORS® Help Fuel the Future of Mass Transit