|The Advantages of Membership in REBAC|
Courtesy of REBAC.
What Is REBAC?
The Real Estate Buyer's Agent Council (REBAC) is a wholly-owned affiliate of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (NAR). REBAC is the world's largest association of real estate professionals focusing specifically on representing the real estate buyer. There are more than 42,000 active members of the organization world-wide.
Membership in REBAC provides benefits that are designed to keep you abreast of management and marketing trends in the real estate industry, and on top of current legal and legislative issues. You also profit by being part of a larger network of experienced buyer representative practitioners who willingly share practical advice with one another. Membership allows you to attain and maintain the Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR®) and Accredited Buyer Representative Manager (ABRMsm) designations, the “benchmarks of excellence in buyer representation" and the only buyer representative designations recognized by NAR.
What You'll Get
Annual dues include:
- A listing in the online directory on the REBAC web site. An excellent source for buyer agent referrals, the directory is distributed to all REBAC members, state and local real estate associations, and corporate relocation managers;
- A subscription to Today’s Buyers Rep, an award-winning, eight-page, monthly newsletter published by REBAC to keep you informed of events, legislation, and education in the field of buyer representation;
- A subscription to The Real Estate Professional Magazine;
- Quarterly audiotapes on fresh, relevant industry topics;
- Weekly HotSheets delivered by e-mail, each containing concise summaries of current articles on subjects of interest to buyer agents. Articles are formatted with links to the full story on the Internet to enable you to "click and learn more" when you choose;
- Marketing tools -- REBAC promotional advertising slicks, sample press releases, logos to use on your print media, postcard promotions, the Home Buyer's Kit, marketing brochures, with more on the way;
- Annual Marketing Campaign to raise consumer and REALTOR® awareness of the ABR® designation; and
- REBAC Day -- A full day of seminars and networking at the NAR National Convention and Trade Expo.
Read REBAC's 2002 marketing plan (PDF format).