Commercial Lending Trends Survey
- Commercial real estate (CRE) notched another year of growth in 2015, favored by continued macroeconomic growth and broadening capital markets.
- Commercial vacancy rates declined for the core property types. Availability is expected to continue contracting for office, industrial and retail properties in 2016.
- Vacancies for apartments are estimated to rise, due to gains in supply.
- Commercial rents have risen across the board, and are projected to advance this year in the 2.5 percent to 4.0 percent range.
- Lending conditions in REALTOR® markets notched another year of sustainable recovery. As CRE asset prices strengthened, financing and lending conditions improved in 2015.