The REALTORS® Commercial Real Estate Market Survey measures quarterly activity in the commercial real estate markets. The survey collects data from commercial REALTORS®. The survey is designed to provide an overview of market performance, sales and rental transactions, along with current economic challenges and future expectations.
2012 Q4 Survey Highlights
- REALTOR® commercial markets recorded improved sales conditions, with stabilization of fundamentals.
- Sixty-eight percent of commercial REALTORS® closed a sales transaction during the quarter.
- Sales volume rose 18.0 percent from a year ago.
- Sales prices declined 4.0 percent on a year-over-year basis.
- Leasing activity advanced 3.0 percent from the previous quarter.
- Rental rates declined 2.0 percent compared with the previous quarter.
- Concession levels declined 1.0 percent on a quarterly basis.
- Financing remains at the top of the current challenges list, followed by inventory availability.
- The estimated average transaction rose from slightly under $1.0 million to $1.2 million from the prior quarter.
Read more about the Commercial Real Estate Market in Q4 2012.