Commercial Real Estate Outlook
NAR’s latest Commercial Real Estate Outlook offers overall projections for four major commercial sectors and analyzes quarterly data in the office, industrial, retail and multifamily markets.
- The pace of commercial transactions dropped in the first quarter of 2016, following an upbeat 2015.
- The volume of commercial sales in LCRE markets totaled $111 billion, a 20 percent year-over-year decrease.
- Continuing the trends from 2015, apartment transactions comprised the largest share of first quarter volume, with $38.6 billion in sales, followed by office properties, which accounted for $31.2 billion.
- Retail and industrial sales totaled $17.9 billion and $12.6 billion, respectively.
- In comparison, sales in SCRE markets rose 8.5 percent year-over-year during the first quarter, based on REALTORS® market data.