The Commercial Real Estate Outlook (CREO) is NAR's flagship commercial research publication. It is produced quarterly and includes the latest market information on five major commercial real estate sectors — industrial, office, multi-family, retail and hospitality real estate.
The publication includes national and metropolitan data from the respected research firms of CBRE Econometric Advisors and Real Capital Analytics, along with in-depth analysis from NAR Research.
- Gross domestic product rose at an annual rate of 2.9 percent in the third quarter, on the heels of a 2.5 percent rise in the second quarter.
- Consumer spending gained 1.5 percent, driven by a 4.3 percent rise in consumption of goods.
- Nonresidential fixed investments rose at an annual rate of 1.6 percent.
- in a positive development, business spending on buildings jumped 12.3 percent in the third quarter, on the heels of a 17.6 percent gain during the second quarter.
- With stronger balance sheets, state and local governments increased their spending by an annual rate of 1.5 percent.
- With the knowledge of the government shutdown in the rearview mirror, and a retail season already eyeing steep discounts, the GDP outlook for all of 2013 projects an annual growth rate of only 1.7 percent.
List of Markets Covered
The Commercial Real Estate Outlook includes statistics on 54 of the nation's largest markets.