Highlights From the 2015 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers
For most home buyers, the purchase of real estate is one of the largest financial transactions they will make. Buyers purchase a home not only for the desire to own a home of their own, but also because of changes in jobs, family situations, and the need for a smaller or larger living area. This annual survey conducted by the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® of recent home buyers and sellers provides insight into detailed information about their experiences with this important transaction. Here are highlights from the latest report.
- At 30 percent, the primary reason for purchasing a home was the desire to own a home of their own.
- Eighty-seven percent of buyers recently purchased their home through a real estate agent or broker.
- Eighty-eight percent of buyers would use their agent again or recommend their agent to others.
- Only eight percent (down from nine percent) of recent home sales were FSBO sales. This is the lowest share recorded since this report started in 1981.
- Buy the full 2015 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers from the REALTOR® Store.
- Read a report on Recent Home Buyer Profiles.
- Read a report on Home Buyers and Sellers in Subregions of the United States.
- See and share an infographic about home buyers and sellers.
- Read the news release about the 2015 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers.