Highlights From the Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers
For most home buyers, the purchase of real estate is one of the largest financial transactions they will make. Buyers purchase a home not only for the desire to own a home of their own, but also because of changes in jobs, family situations, and the need for a smaller or larger living area. This annual survey conducted by the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® of recent home buyers and sellers provides insight into detailed information about their experiences with this important transaction. Here are highlights from the latest report.
- At 30 percent, the primary reason for purchasing a home was the desire to own a home of their own.
- Eighty-seven percent of buyers recently purchased their home through a real estate agent or broker.
- Eighty-eight percent of buyers would use their agent again or recommend their agent to others.
- Only eight percent (down from nine percent) of recent home sales were FSBO sales. This is the lowest share recorded since this report started in 1981.
- Buy the full 2015 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers from the REALTOR® Store.
- Read a report on Recent Home Buyer Profiles.
- Read a report on Home Buyers and Sellers in Subregions of the United States.
- See and share an infographic about home buyers and sellers.
- Read the news release about the 2015 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers.