Based on a random sampling of NAR’s membership, the Member Profile strives to answer the question: Who are REALTORS®? It looks at a variety of economic and demographic characteristics, and business practices.
- The typical REALTOR® has 10 years of experience, down from 12 years in 2014.
- In 2015, the typical agent had 11 transactions, unchanged from 2014.
- Most REALTORS® worked 40 hours per week in 2015, a trend that has continued for several years.
- Sixty-two percent of all REALTORS® are female, up from 58 in 2014.
- The majority of REALTORS®—81 percent—own their primary residence.
- Eighty-three percent of REALTORS® are very certain they will remain active as a real estate professional for two more years.