Based on a random sampling of NAR’s membership, the Member Profile strives to answer the question: Who are REALTORS®? It looks at a variety of economic and demographic characteristics, and business practices.
Highlights from the 2015 NAR Member Profile:
- Fifty-eight percent of REALTORS® were licensed as sales agents, and 80 percent of members specialize in residential brokerage.
- The typical REALTOR® has 12 years of experience.
- Sixty-five percent of REALTORS® reported having a website for at least five years, 12 percent reported having a real estate blog, and 65 percent of members are using social media.
- The typical REALTOR® earned 20 percent of their business from repeat clients and customers and 20 percent through referrals from past clients and customers.
- Fifty-eight percent of all REALTORS® are female.
- A substantial majority of REALTORS®—85 percent—own their primary residence.
- Eighty-four percent of REALTORS® are certain they will remain in the business for two more years.