Profile of International Activity in U.S. Residential Real Estate
Download (PDF: 2.77 MB)
- Foreign buyers purchased $102.6 billion of residential property from April 2015–March 2016, a decrease from $103.9 billion in the previous 12-month period.
- Foreign buyers purchased 214,885 residential properties, an approximately three percent increase from 208,947 in the previous 12-month period.
- Foreign buyers typically purchase more expensive properties.
- Although foreigners purchased property nationwide, five states accounted for 51 percent of total residential property purchases: Florida (22 percent), California (15 percent), Texas (10 percent), Arizona (four percent), and New York (four percent).
- Read the news release about this report.
- See and share an infographic containing information from the report.
NAR offers a number of courses on the business and cultural aspects of working in the world of global real estate, as well as the CIPS designation. The CIPS designation can be earned by U.S. REALTORS®, non-U.S. real estate professionals, and Association Executives.