What does data privacy and security mean in today's world?
- Blog: What’s NAR Doing on Data Security?: NAR has been, and continues to work to establish strong methods to better protect you, your families and your clients
- Data Privacy: Be Ahead of the Law: In this video, President-Elect Steve Brown and Senior Technology Representative Melanie Wyne discuss how to protect your client's information.
- Social Media Privacy and Security Features: NAR Field Guide providing background information on concerns with various popular social media sites, and including tips and suggestions to protect privacy and identity.
Tools for REALTORS®
What are your legal obligations? Where can you find the latest information about the laws?
- Five Steps Towards Achieving Data Security
- NAR Toolkit (member only)
- NAR Principles: REALTOR® endorsed Data Privacy and Security principles regarding Personal Information
- FTC Data Security Best Practices: Rules and guides for businesses of any size.
- FTC: Privacy Initiatives: A comprehensive listing of compliance resources, including Data Security, from the FTC, categorized by line of work.
- FTC Issues Guidance for Mobile Apps on Privacy and Truth-in-Advertising Laws: An overview of existing laws and FTC policy, and includes a number of “general guidelines” that mobile app developers should consider.
- FTC: Avoid ID Theft: Detailed information to help consumers deter, detect, and defend against identity theft.
- FTC Data Security Best Practices: Free resources to help businesses securely collect, keep, and dispose of sensitive personal information of customers or employees in their files.