Realtor® Nationwide Open House
- Realtors® across the country will host the nation’s largest open house weekend, Saturday and Sunday, April 20-21, 2013.
- Realtors® will hold open houses in neighborhoods from coast to coast, bringing value to both buyers and sellers.
- Realtor® Nationwide Open House Weekend not only brings buyers and sellers together, it is also an opportunity for Realtors® to connect with consumers in their communities about the housing issues that matter most to them.
- Realtor® Nationwide Open House aims to engage consumers regarding the benefits of homeownership to families, communities and the economy.
- Realtors® will be present at the open houses to offer expert insight into the local housing market and answer questions from consumers concerning the home buying and selling process.
Home Ownership Matters
- Owning a home has long-standing government support in this country because homeownership benefits individuals and families, strengthens our communities, and is integral to our nation’s economy.
- Home sales in this country generate more than 2.5 million private-sector jobs in an average year. For every two homes sold, a job is created.
- Homeownership is an investment in your future.
- The home is where we make memories, build our futures, and feel comfortable and secure.
- Owning a home offers immediate shelter benefits and long-term value.
- The decision to own a home is a very personal one, but we believe that anyone who is able and willing to assume the responsibilities of owning a home should have the opportunity to pursue that dream.
- We need to make sure that any changes to current programs or incentives don’t jeopardize a housing and economic recovery.
- We need to ensure public policies that promote responsible, sustainable homeownership.
- We hope that our country’s leaders, now and into the future, understand the vital role that real estate plays in both the long- and short-term health of this nation.
Home Buying Tips
- Realtors® are trusted resources for real estate information and can help buyers navigate the increasingly complex home buying process.
- Buyers should carefully evaluate their finances before beginning the search process. They should look at their income, savings and credit report, and collect documentation of income and cash available to prepare for the mortgage application process. Realtors® can help buyers through this process.
- Buyers should look for a Realtor® who is familiar with the areas and neighborhoods they are considering.
- Buyers who use a Realtor® to represent them are making a smart move.
- A Realtor® is a buyer’s partner in the real estate transaction. Realtors® provide buyers with counsel, market data, strategies, negotiating skills and more.
- Visit HouseLogic.com/buyandsell for more tips on buying a home.
Home Selling Tips
- Selling a home can be a complex process. Realtors® bring value to sellers by helping them effectively prepare, position, price and sell their home.
- Realtors® have invaluable insights into what sells a home. They have a unique understanding of local markets, home features and buyer preferences.
- In a competitive market, sellers need every advantage they can get, and working with a Realtor® is a smart move.
- Sellers should prepare their home for sale with an eye toward what appeals to today’s buyers. Enhancing curb appeal, showcasing areas like kitchens and bathrooms, and making sure the home is well-maintained and free of clutter will attract more buyers and can improve value.
- Staging can help sell a home more quickly and for more money. Many Realtors® provide professional staging assistance as part of their services.
- Visit HouseLogic.com/buyandsell for more tips on selling a home.
- Realtors® bring value to home buyers, sellers and investors.
- Working with a Realtor® gives buyers, sellers and investors the advantage they need to succeed in today’s market. Realtors® help people buy and sell hundreds of homes over the course of their careers.
- Realtors® have unparalleled knowledge of local market conditions and can leverage that expertise to help their clients reach their real estate goals.
- A vast majority of today’s home buyers and sellers know that working with a Realtor® is a smart move in itself – more than four out of five recent home buyers and sellers used a real estate professional in recent transactions.