REALTOR® Safety Webinar: Safety Tips to Share With Sellers
Date: September 9, 2014
Time: 1:00pm CST
The National Association of REALTORS® has worked hard to keep REALTOR® Safety foremost in everyone’s minds. But what about your clients? They, too, face some dangers in allowing strangers into their homes or visiting other people’s properties.
During this free NAR REALTOR® Safety webinar, presented by Sergeant Preston Taylor, we will discuss valuable advice and steps to share with your clients to help protect them against crime.
You will learn:
- Items that need to be safely put away
- How thieves are able to access personal information
- What thieves target at open houses and how to be prepared
- Safety tips to remember before and after showing a property
Archived REALTOR® Safety Webinar: Personal Safety Is All About You
Date: Tuesday, June 3, 2014
This free NAR REALTOR® Safety webinar discusses personal safety as it relates to work, home, and travel. Even though you cannot eliminate all possibility of becoming a victim, there are steps you can take to reduce the odds.
In this webinar you will learn:
- What an attacker looks for
- How to minimize your chance of being attacked
- Why most crime is committed
- Common sense personal safety techniques
Archived REALTOR® Safety Webinar: How to Detect & Redirect Unwanted Attention From Past, Present, Or Potential Clients
Date: Thursday, Dec. 19, 2013
This free NAR REALTOR® Safety Webinar, presented by Sergeant Preston Taylor, provides strategies on how to make it harder for these types of people to obtain personal information about you, and how to try to avoid such individuals now and in the future.
In this webinar you will learn:
- The differences between individuals that commit property crimes versus crimes against a person
- Protecting personal information on the Internet
- Laws pertaining to stalking, harassing communications, and threats by electronic communication
- How to implement safety strategies for dealing with this potential threat
Archived REALTOR® Safety Webinar: Learning to Remove Dangers and Work Safely at REOs and Foreclosures
Date: Monday, Sept. 5, 2013
This free NAR webinar, presented by safety expert Tracy Hawkins, provides strategies and contingency plans to maximize safety while showing properties, hosting open houses, or evaluating REO, foreclosures, and distressed properties.
In this webinar you will...
- Learn the safety risks and differences between retail residential sales and distressed property sales.
- Be better prepared to protect yourself and buyers when viewing distressed property.
- Learn what to be aware of during previews and showings.
- Discover how to be a good reporting partner. Know who to tell when you observe potential dangers and issues.
Archived REALTOR® Safety Series: Are You and Your Data an Easy Target?
Date: Monday, Sept. 17, 2012
Safety expert Andrew Wooten provides tips on how to keep you and your data safe while at the office. Topics covered in this free NAR webinar include workplace personal safety, how to keep your office from becoming exposed to risk, and how to create an office plan with safeguards.
From this webinar you will:
- Develop a better understanding of how clients, members, and agents are at risk at the office.
- Learn about violence warning signs and how to handle dangerous situations at work.
- Find out about information liability exposure.
- Learn about the components of CPTED (Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design) and how it can help office staff safety.
- Learn about laws and regulations, and develop a data security plan built on five key principles that will help lower the risk of becoming a victim of identity theft.
Archived REALTOR® Safety Webinar: Every Agent's Five-Step Plan for Open Houses
Date: Thursday, April 19, 2012
There are many risky situations real estate professionals put themselves in every day as part of their on-the-job duties. Among those are hosting open houses, going on listing appointments and visiting vacant properties. But there are certain steps and procedures to follow to decrease the chances of bad things happening to you while performing these necessary components of your job.
From this webinar you will:
- Learn the warning signs of a potentially dangerous situation
- Learn the safe way to prepare for, conduct, and close up an open house
- Learn the process for conducting a safe listing appointment
- Learn about foreclosed properties and how to work them safety
Archived REALTOR® Safety Webinar: Holiday Season Safety Tips
Date: Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2011
Don't miss safety expert, Andrew Wooten as he presents a webinar, "Holiday Season Safety Tips," highlighting practical tips and techniques to help you, your members, and their clients stay safe during the busy holiday season.
In this webinar you will:
- Learn about current holiday crimes, cons, and scams and today's criminals.
- Learn how to protect yourself online.
- Discover how to keep your home safe during the holiday season.
- Learn safety tips for fire prevention, decorations, and your pets.
- Learn the safest way to shop at malls and stores during the holidays, including tips for parking safely.
- Learn proper techniques for staying safe at work and on the road in a variety of situations.
- Discover the safest way to use an ATM, including how to choose a safe location.
- Learn how to host a safe holiday party and how to keep yourself safe when attending holiday parties.
- Be better prepared to protect yourself and others in vulnerable situations.
Archived REALTOR® Safety Webinar: Social Media and Cyber Safety
Date: Monday, Sept. 12, 2011
In this session, safety expert Andrew Wooten, provides social media and cybersafety safety tips. Learn how today's criminals are using your social media information for illegal activities, and discover how you could be tracked through geotags.
Archived REALTOR® Safety Webinar: Top 10 Ways to Keep You & Your Clients Safe at Open Houses
Date: Tuesday, April 5, 2011
This 30-minute session, "Top 10 Ways to Keep You & Your Clients Safe at Open Houses," offers the best techniques to increase the safety of REALTORS®, their clients, and their clients' property during an open house.
Archived REALTOR® Safety Webinar: Open House and Listing Appointment Safety
Date: Wednesday, Sept. 15, 2010
Safety expert Andrew Wooten presents a one-hour webinar, "Open House and Listing Appointment Safety," highlighting what to do during an open house and listing appointment to maximize your safety and the safety of your clients.
Archived REALTOR® Safety Webinar: Safe Selling in the Most Dangerous Season
Date: Thursday, May 6, 2010
Safety expert, Andrew Wooten, leads you through tips you can use for yourself on the job and ideas to share with clients on how to avoid common summertime crimes, reduce exposure, and increase your safety and the safety of your clients.
Archived REALTOR® Safety Webinar: First Meetings — How to Lay the Groundwork for Safety
Date: Thursday, Feb. 18, 2010
The third in the series of NAR's REALTOR® Safety Webinars was led by industry expert, Andrew Wooten, and focused on first meetings. Wooten offers several suggestions to help establish good safety practices when meeting new clients. Attendees learned what to do, how to effectively check backgrounds, what danger signs to look for, and more.
Archived REALTOR® Safety Webinar: Identity Theft: Protecting You and Your Clients
Date: Thursday, Dec. 3, 2009
The second in the series of NAR's REALTOR® Safety Webinars led by industry expert Andrew Wooten, "Identity Theft: Protecting You and Your Clients," offered several suggestions and precautions you should take to keep your personal information and property secure, and what you should do if you are a victim of identity theft. The session also provides great information to can share with your clients, including brief instructions on how to keep your clients' information protected.
Archived REALTOR® Safety Webinar: Safety at Open Houses
Date: Monday, Sept. 14, 2009
Safety at Open Houses, led by industry expert Andrew Wooten, kicked off REALTOR® Safety Week and offered several safety tips and precautions you should take when hosting an open house, including warning signs you should pay attention to, 'what to do if' pointers and several easy-to-implement steps to keep you safe.
Did you miss it? Listen to the recording.
For questions regarding NAR's REALTOR® Safety initiative and resources, email email@example.com.