8 Trends Shaping the Real Estate Industry
What forces will be shaping the real estate industry? NAR’s Association Executives Committee Strategic Issues Work Group and consultant Jerry Matthews held a series of structured discussions in February 2012 with U.S. brokers, sales associates, real estate consultants, economists, and technology experts to determine today’s real estate industry climate.
The research surfaced eight trends that are vital for setting strategic direction for agents, brokers, and associations alike. Here are the eight trends and the locations in the video that each is discussed:
- Simplify—Brokers and agents are leaner, and more focused on maximizing results. (1:02)
- Consolidate—Association and MLS are consolidating, creating more viable organizations and addressing industry overcapacity. (1:45)
- Collaborate—Agents and brokers are embracing the collaborative spirit. (1:29)
- Enrich— Consumers are demanding a richer experience. (3:16)
- Dream—The dream of homeownership is being challenged. (4:07)
- Embrace—REALTORS® provide unique value. Embrace new technology for the advantage it offers. (4:55)
- Leadership—Times of uncertainty call for Leadership. (5:40)
- Evolve—New real estate business models are evolving. (5:30)
Read the full report: “Simplify: Real Estate Trends in a Time of Uncertainty”
Access additional resources, including brochures, videos, presentations, and more, at Jerry Matthews’ website, Aestrategicissues.com.