Who is it for?
The Military Relocation Professional (MRP) certification is for real estate professionals who want to work with current and former military service members. The MRP certification program educates REALTORS® about working with U.S. service members and their families and veterans to find the housing solutions that best suit their needs and to take full advantage of available benefits and support.
What You Gain
- Understanding of the processes and procedures involved in a military relocation and how these impact service members’ relocation and housing choices
- Ability to provide information to help members through a rent or buy, sell or rent decision-making process
- Ability to identify and provide services that help service members sell or find and purchase suitable homes
- The knowledge of the military relocation process you need to guide service members through the real estate transaction
- Ability to explain the basics of VA financing
- Access to the members-only marketing tools and resources
How to Earn It
- Complete a pre-class reading—a 15-page PDF that provides background information on the military, including important acronyms and understanding military culture.
- Complete the one-day Military Relocation Professional (MRP) Certification Core Course either online or in a classroom setting.
- Complete two one-hour webinars:
- Pass the exam at the end of the core course with an 80% or better score.
- Member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS®
- Submit the online application.
Cost of course
- Varies, depending on format and sponsor
For more information, visit the MRP website.