Who is it for?
The REALTOR® Association Certified Executive (RCE) is the only professional designation designed specifically for REALTOR® association executives. The RCE designation exemplifies goal-oriented association executives with drive, experience and commitment to professional growth.
What You Gain
- The right to use the designation after your name
- Formal recognition at the annual Association Executives Institute (AEI)
- An RCE plaque to display and an RCE pin to wear
- Enhanced skills in every aspect of REALTOR® association management
- Networking with other association executive leaders
How to Earn It
Candidates earn the designation by accumulating a minimum of 350 points through
- Professional development activities
- Professional achievements
- Points are recorded using the online Applicant Data Form
- CAE designees are eligible for RCE designation through a streamlined process.
You must be employed in one of the following ways:
- Full- or part-time employee of a local or state association that is wholly owned by one or more REALTOR® associations
- Full- or part-time employee of a regional listing service owned by a REALTOR® association
- Full- or part-time employee of NAR
- Full- or part-time employee of a provincial association or another organization affiliated with the Canadian Real Estate Association
- The RCE exam consists of three modules, which you can either take all in one day or separately, in any sequence.
- You must score 75% or better to pass each exam
- You have two years after the date you submit your application to pass all three exam modules
The exam is given twice a year:
- At the REALTORS® Conference & Expo
- At the AE Institute
- You may also choose to take the exam locally, online, with an RCE proctor, up to four weeks before it is offered at one of the two NAR meetings mentioned above.
- Complete and submit the online Application Data Form (ADF).
- Deadlines for submitting applications are July 1 and December 1.
- Every four years, you must submit a re-certification form.
Re-certification fee (every four years)
Exam module re-take fee
- $50 per module
- NOTE: The Judith Lindenau RCE Scholarships of up to $520 is available to cover the expense of the application and certification fees.